CBR1100XX.org Forum

97 Bird with electrical gremlin.

slowrideCX

XX has a facebook link?

hmmmm

I go through spells and here lately my work bench was so cluttered I had another table next to it do work on crap because I was too lazy to organize the workbench. Got another toolbox for my birthday that is 11 drawers so I actually took time to organize my tools and clean the bench off.

Had a full washing machine load of terry cloth towels and shop rags, and probably 20 I threw away to avoid putting anything icky in the washing machine.

Yes search CBR1100XX Super Black Bird and a few pages will come up.

So you are on FB? Are we friends on there?

Yes, and No

do you have a van and free candy also?

stalker

:P

Why yes yes I do little boy would you like some candy? 😈😆

The van has carpeted walls and floor also... 😀 shag carpet...😉

I think we just might be able to squeeze 1 more in there if we butter up the sides and shove it in there.

:D

would starting the bike while holding the button risk screwing up something else up?

just wondering if a sudden hit to the system of the fuel pump coming on/priming, gauges cycling, flux capacitor fluxing and the starter engaging might throw something off or pop a fuse, all because I was worried about my HID's

I really do like the switch idea Joe mentioned, that way everything is running and you can switch on the HID's

With a FI bike it's possible that it would take a moment longer to fire up, but no damage to anything.

Well I think my gremlins have found a new home elsewhere. .. 😀

The Bird ran flawlessly yesterday and at an average speed of about 5mph most of the day the charging system got 1 hellova workout. She stood fast and never faultered. 😀

My next endeavor will be to adjust the air fuel mixture she has a Factory Pro Jet kit and was jetted for 800'above sea level which hear in Jersey I am clearly not that high above. She runs a tad rich but damn good. That is why I have not messed with it.

One of these days I will pull it apart and see what I can do. The rubber diaphragms scare me. The last time i took 1 out it took me over an hr to get it back into the right spot. I believe the main needles have clips on them that I can use to adjust the main mixture so maybe if I ever get adventurous I will give it a go.

The rubber diaphragms scare me. The last time i took 1 out it took me over an hr to get it back into the right spot.

Just had mine apart this spring. The trick is to get them close and then place the cover on top just by hand (no screws). Then remove it. It seems to push the rubber where it needs to be.

• Upvote 1

The rubber diaphragms scare me. The last time i took 1 out it took me over an hr to get it back into the right spot.

Just had mine apart this spring. The trick is to get them close and then place the cover on top just by hand (no screws). Then remove it. It seems to push the rubber where it needs to be.

Thanks I will keep that in mind and try it when I tear it apart. May wait till the fall so I don't miss any ridin time.

Yeah, like the second weekend in September would be good... B)

For a ride or carb work?

MotoAmerica is the second week in Sept.

Carb cleaners can also cause the diaphragm to swell and be a bitch. Avoid that, but if you do by accident I have heard tossing in freezer helps.

Glad you got it cleared up.

I got 49.2 mpg heading up Friday. That was with getting caught behind paving trucks, and through northern Virginia traffic.

Tank, tail, saddle bags and my goofy ass.

• Upvote 1

Carb work, then a ride to the track...all interspersed with cold brewski's!

👍 sounds like a kickass plan for sure.

Carb cleaners can also cause the diaphragm to swell and be a bitch. Avoid that, but if you do by accident I have heard tossing in freezer helps.

Glad you got it cleared up.

I got 49.2 mpg heading up Friday. That was with getting caught behind paving trucks, and through northern Virginia traffic.

Tank, tail, saddle bags and my goofy ass.

Damn you got some kickass mpg. I haven't seen anywhere near that. Best I have ever seen is 42. Not lately though. I am thinking it is time to tune the carbs.

I was also surprised.. best I have ever squeezed out was a little over 47mpg Still running stock gearing 17/45

my power commander is setup to be pretty easy going till you have the tach swing past 6000 rpm where the fun happy area is. Also set to give the extra fuel as needed for when you go past the 105 -110mph mark when the airbox pressurizes. All the extra air is nice for ram air effect, but not utilized unless you sweeten the mix up for that extra air being shoved down its throat.

Don't visit that area often, but if fun when you do.

Well I think my gremlins have found a new home elsewhere. ..

The Bird ran flawlessly yesterday and at an average speed of about 5mph most of the day the charging system got 1 hellova workout. She stood fast and never faultered.

My next endeavor will be to adjust the air fuel mixture she has a Factory Pro Jet kit and was jetted for 800'above sea level which hear in Jersey I am clearly not that high above. She runs a tad rich but damn good. That is why I have not messed with it.

One of these days I will pull it apart and see what I can do. The rubber diaphragms scare me. The last time i took 1 out it took me over an hr to get it back into the right spot. I believe the main needles have clips on them that I can use to adjust the main mixture so maybe if I ever get adventurous I will give it a go.

Good to hear the electrical is sorted out. As for the mix, being at lower altitude than it was tuned for would make it run leaner, not richer. That said, a couple hundred feet makes little difference and would likely take a dyno and/or exhaust gas analyzer to detect.