CBR1100XX.org Forum

2000 VTR1000/996 SuperHawk w/under 13k

Here's my baby, I'm going to miss her but I have to make room in the overcrowded garage. She's pretty and well-maintained. This is my third SuperHawk, I will probably kick myself in a year or two and look for another one. It is a great companion to the XX - smaller, lighter, and with gobs of hooligan torque. Some saw her in her ugly clothes at RacerXX, but the Craigslist pics are in her Sunday best - she decidedly cleans up nicely.

Less than 13k miles, Michelin Pilot Power 2CTs with maybe 600 miles on them. Arrow carbon fiber slip-ons with jetting, K&N, SS brake and clutch lines. Excellent condition with normal wear and a small dent in tank, but it runs flawlessly and has always been adult-owned.

Pretty firm at $3000, possibly interesting trades considered like firearms, ammo, vintage motorcycle/project bike. I will deliver within a reasonable radius with expenses and return fare.

I have some extras if sold to a forum member: Fork brace, fiberglass hugger, Pazzo levers (not knockoffs), and Gen-Mar risers.

Pics at:

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/mcy/3756272031.html

God I love that bike. Always wanted one. I just don't have room in my life for it. Someone's going to get a very cool ride.

Tempting on some level, but I suspect it'd be a crime to adapt it for sport-touring.

You would find it cramped, compared to the 'bird. And 4.1 gallons goes quickly at 34mpg. Hard luggage is almost impossible. If you had to make do you could, but it wouldn't be a first choice.

Great commuter and weekend fun bike, though. Well-mannered enough to be easy to ride daily, yet enough power for the weekend hooligan. Common issues are CCTs and R/R - go figure.

I'll be keeping an eye on this. Been looking for her a replacement to the Shadow.

• 10 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Up again this year. Yahoo put a bunch of Craigslist responses into junk mail last year, didn't think I needed to see them. <_< Found them last month.

I'd really like to see her go to someone who would spank her appropriately, unlike the lookers I had last year - one wanted to stunt it, the other wanted to make it into a naked. Crap, the bike is just short of perfect... I shouldn't care, but there you have it.

The old Craigslist ad is dead, I'll put a new one up this week and change the link.

A most interesting man requested pics, here are a few. LMK if anyone needs any specific pics of the bike, I'll post 'em.

$2900 and the extras to a board member. Interesting deliveries after June 6th are certainly possible, or fly down, pick it up, play at the Gap for a weekend and ride home.

DSCF0732_zpsd970fa25.jpg

DSCF0727_zpsec95a6d4.jpg

DSCF0723_zps5315f576.jpg

DSCF0726_zpscb890f1c.jpg

Damm nice bike.make a great daily rider.by the time my victory sells it will be gone for sure.

I was going to take the 990, but now that you mention it, the SuperHawk would be more fun. The XX needs a lot, I haven't had time to address the squawk list - but the SH is always ready to go!

Reason I ask is my parts manager is coming with, and he's about to buy a 98 VTR just for the trip - for $3500. I'm trying to get him to buy yours and pick it up while we're there.

Works for me - I'll try to get the fork brace, levers, and hugger installed, and bring the Gen-Mars with me in case he likes the bike. If he needs any additional pics or anything, let me know.

Unless the '98 has some interesting improvements, $3500 is a little high - at least around here.

That tiscalinet website made my barracuda web filter block it.

The link you are accessing has been blocked by the Barracuda Web Filter because it contains spyware. The name of the spyware is: Spyware.Exploit.Misc.MU

If you believe this is an error or need to access this link, please contact your administrator.

IIRC, that's Barracuda's way of saying "I don't have any evidence, but I don't like this place". I might be wrong, but I think this is one of Barracuda's false positives. I don't have the Windows side handy to test it out right now, though.

If it were red I'd be tempted. I had a '98 with high mount Jardine titaniums that was dyno tuned by Jardine, it was their test bike for the exhaust. It fucking ripped for a feeble lil twin, front tire never got wear.