CBR1100XX.org Forum

Mobil 1 Price Drop

blackhawkxx

In my Wal-Mart, the price of Mobil 1 5-quart jug went down to $19.88 from $22.something. I guess I will be stocking up on it.

Man, after thinking about it, that $9.00 I will be saving on 3 jugs will buy me a meal at McDonalds. :roll:

Well talk about things that don't make sense to me. This thread reminded....oil change time, so I head on over to the local Wal-Mart. Sure enough, there are the 5 qt. jugs for 19.88. I look up and there are the single quarts for 3.88, 5 single quarts doing the quick math $19.40. WTF!!!!

I know many have stated that they use Mobil 1 in their birds. I have always stayed away from Mobil 1 in my bike because they say it is not good on the clutch, and will ultimately cause slipping. Any thoughts from the group? Is the hydraulic clutch different than my CBR900RR cable one?

Hmm, last time I bought it, it was $17.88. Varies by location I guess.

Carlos,

Where did you find it for $17.88? I just bought the large bottle for $22.?? something about three weeks ago from the Walmart at Speedway and Kolb.

I know many have stated that they use Mobil 1 in their birds. I have always stayed away from Mobil 1 in my bike because they say it is not good on the clutch, and will ultimately cause slipping. Any thoughts from the group? Is the hydraulic clutch different than my CBR900RR cable one?

That's because it has a very small amount of Moly in it. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Oh my, it has Moly in it ... :bigshock: :bigshock::bigshock:

PLEASE........ don't panic ........... unless you beleive everything you hear.