CBR1100XX.org Forum

Time to change battery?

REXX

I have a 1999 with the original battery. It still starts fine but I don't want to stress out the R/R if the battery is towards the end of it's life. How many years are you guys getting out of your battery and what do you think of Wal-mart batteries? Thanks in advance for any info. Oh yeah, going to take off an old adhesive tank pad...any suggestions for easiest way?

2002 and 1.5 years old, and 36,000 miles, battery is fine.

for the adhesive tank pad, blowdryer and patience.

:grin:

To get goo off use carb cleaner.

Yeah, especially if you don't like your paint! :shock:

Carb cleaner will soften up your paint, and start removing it while you're using it. It can also seep right into the paint, and cause long term issues in the area you used it in.

Use "Goo Gone", but use it gently, as it can soften paint as well. Best advice here was "Hair dryer and patience"

BTW, I'd never use an Exide battery again, in anything. Stick with Yuasa. There's a reason Honda uses them exclusively, and we don't need to change them for 5-6 years.

I never had carb cleaner eat paint, sorry :oops: I use it all the time. I just wax the area afterwards. Never a problem.

I had a buddy run his car through fresh tar without the chip. Turned the sides black. I used gas to remove it, then waxed. No problem.

BUT it you guys had paint problems then try WD-40.