CBR1100XX.org Forum

Remove windshield to bleed brakes and clutch?

Aurora

It makes life a little easier, but is not required. I've done it on my dragbike with the stock windscreen and master cylinders still bolted to the handlebars. Some people use two people to do it and actually unbolt the master cylinders from the bike and hold them up level in their hands.

You'd have to be pretty sloppy to need to do something like that. Do you remove the instruments too?

As far as I know, there's more than enough room to get to the master cylinders without taking anything off. I do place a shop rag underneath just in case I spill something, but I've never had a need for more room or problem with splatters.

6 allen screws and the windshield is off. I removed mine, just to keep from bumping the shield with the fluid bottle and spilling.

YES, you can do it with the screen installed, but I do it removed.

Also remember that not all Phillips screwdrivers are created equal. Asian screw heads are different from European.

I get screwdrivers from Vessel that work great on my Japan and China equipment. They don't strip out the screw heads like others I have used.

Just done mine yesterday didn't remove the screen, yup the screws on the reservoirs are very picky with regards to which screwdriver works best.

As a tip you don't have remove the rear cowl to get to the rear reservoir, i undid the cap with a pair of long nosed pliers, refilling i borrowed from the kitchen a small funnel and then pushed that into a 3 inch or so piece of old washing machine hose, using that i can get the flid into the reservoir between the cowl and the frame.

Iain

Flushing? Bleeding? Huh?

Organ, we're talking about that dark brown stuff inside the little rectangular boxes on your handle bars. It helps you stop. :icon_eek:

And BTW, it's supposed to be about the color of light beer, not Guiness. :icon_rolleyes:

:icon_biggrin: