CBR1100XX.org Forum

How to ballance Pilot Roads ?

birdie_xx

Just throw the tire on the rim,,,,,,,,see what happens,Michelins are build to higher tolerances the most of the competition as such don`t need too much lead.

Why are you guys worrying about heavy spots and balancing ? Do it right the first time ! Mount them up, and spin balance them on a Snap-on or other bike spin balance machine. The spin balancing will indicate heavy spots and you can rotate the tire accordinly if desired. Any reputable shop should have a spin balancer.

Why are you guys worrying about heavy spots and balancing ?

Well, since "tomek" thought me how to do it myself, I try to do it right.

Since then I changed my tires twice, and twice for my friends and only once I had to add some weights (very little !).

I like to spin the wheel first, and find the heavy spot, which not necessary is the valve stem (!). Then line it up with the heavy spot on the tire.

My friends TL had A LOT of weight added (in a wrong spot too) by a shop !

Why add weight if you don't have to ?! :shock:

Cheers,

I have found in all my years that Dunlops seem to be the highest quality tires around when it comes to needing almost no weight to balance. I have never had a quality issue with a Dunlop. No, you might not get the miles out of them but you do have a good tire to stake your life on.

Why are you guys worrying about heavy spots and balancing ?

Well, since "tomek" thought me how to do it myself, I try to do it right.

Since then I changed my tires twice, and twice for my friends and only once I had to add some weights (very little !).

I like to spin the wheel first, and find the heavy spot, which not necessary is the valve stem (!). Then line it up with the heavy spot on the tire.

My friends TL had A LOT of weight added (in a wrong spot too) by a shop !

Why add weight if you don't have to ?! :shock:

Cheers,

Ok, I'll ask. Why would you line up the heavy spots on the tire. Wouldn't you want to put the two heavy spots 180 degrees out from each other instead of making a really heavy spot?

I don't balance tires so i have no idea. Just thought I'd ask though.