CBR1100XX.org Forum

2003 Bird for sale

:icon_cry: I just don't ride it enough. It deserves a better home! Plus, I have an airplane to feed, and it's gotten a lot hungrier lately.

2003, ~5000 miles, some farkles (throttlemeister, laminar lip, Bagster, Penske shock). Never been dropped, yadda yadda yadda. This bike is in very good condition. If you're interested, or know someone who is, drop me a line.

Location is Minneapolis, MN.

Price will determine interest level !!

Yesh, I must know, I'm in the market, and your closer to me than the one I want in CA!!!

Price is negotiable. If you're interested we can talk. I've just decided to sell it today and to be honest I don't quite know how I want to sell it: with extras or without.

Pictures?

Won't have pictures until the weekend, the bike is in storage. Asking $6900.

I'd rather interested parties look at the bike in person.

bhanxx has seen the bike somewhat recently, though I don't know if he's been too active on the group lately.

Price is negotiable. If you're interested we can talk. I've just decided to sell it today and to be honest I don't quite know how I want to sell it: with extras or without.

I vote you take it back to stock and sell me the Penske for a fair price. :icon_evilgrin:

Molson,

In my neck of the woods an '03' goes for $6,600 retail, stock. Hope this helps. Photos will push the sale along around here.

Cheers.

NO SHIT!

Your in Iraq.

WTFO? :icon_duh:

Pictures?

Won't have pictures until the weekend, the bike is in storage. Asking $6900.

I'd rather interested parties look at the bike in person.

bhanxx has seen the bike somewhat recently, though I don't know if he's been too active on the group lately.

hey, i've been healing up since getting my nuts re-arranged :icon_evilgrin: . i picked the right spring to be bikeless and laid up, this MN spring weather has been shit. Going back to work May 5 and get to wear sweat pants :icon_whistle: for a few weeks to finish up healing.

Mark's XX was in great shape and he treated it great. I would be on it like a rat on a cheeto, except i'm tarketing a ST1300ABS to replace my wadded up XX.

Here are several pictures I took today of the bike. I was wrong about the mileage: It has 4302 miles on it instead of 5000...

post-774-1209321891.jpg

post-774-1209321866.jpg

So you know on the pic that shows the right hand side of the bike(from sitting position) the plastic piece that runs up to the dash is caught under the gas tank. You might want to pull it out so it doesn't warp it.

So you know on the pic that shows the right hand side of the bike(from sitting position) the plastic piece that runs up to the dash is caught under the gas tank. You might want to pull it out so it doesn't warp it.

Jeeze - thanks, I don't know how I missed that. It's probably been that way since last fall when I put the bike away.

I'm surprised no one has told me my front tire is cupped!

Dang I hate looking at these low mileage XX's popping up....makes me want to sell mine and trade for a low mileage one....only if mine would just crap out on me but alas no such luck.....bah... Honda... :icon_surprised::icon_lol:

That bike looks extremely nice and some lucky owner is going to be very happy.

Good luck with your sale. :icon_wink:

Dang I hate looking at these low mileage XX's popping up....makes me want to sell mine and trade for a low mileage one....only if mine would just crap out on me but alas no such luck.....bah... Honda... :icon_surprised::icon_lol:

That bike looks extremely nice and some lucky owner is going to be very happy.

Good luck with your sale. :icon_wink:

You hate it? How about me? A friend of mine is flying out tomorrow to Florida to buy a low mileage 2003, and I am flying out on Thursday to Georgia to buy a low mileage 2003. And here now I see there is one located about 30 miles from my house. We're riding Deals Gap on the way back, but still.... for f*ck sake!!!! Sorry. :icon_redface: This just makes me sick to my stomach.

Anyway, if your interested in selling the gagster setup, I need it tomorrow for the trip back. Please, if you can call me on my cell phone 612-414-4846. (That's a Minneapolis cell phone number for the rest of you out of Minnesota guys) Man!!!!! I want to punch myself in the face.

Gonna leave it on here the rest of the week, and if no interest - off to Ebay or Craigslist. I'd rather sell it to someone on here...

I have a guy at work that may be interested, but he is on vacation. He will be back on Mon so I will let him know about it.

Bummer you are selling it. There are always fun to ride even if it's once a year... :icon_biggrin:

I'm tempted......just last week I was talking to my wife about selling my 2005 R1 and getting a bird. A good friend of mine that I ride with is on his 2nd blackbird...I'm starting to get a little tired of the local 'racer' stereotypes.

It always seems like the timing has to be just right. (PM me before you send her off to Craigslist & E-Bay.....) I may put the R1 on Craigslist tomorrow to see what happens.

hey ---- by the way.....I live in Michigan, and am a Private Pilot.

Gonna leave it on here the rest of the week, and if no interest - off to Ebay or Craigslist. I'd rather sell it to someone on here...

I have a guy at work that may be interested, but he is on vacation. He will be back on Mon so I will let him know about it.

Bummer you are selling it. There are always fun to ride even if it's once a year... :icon_biggrin:

I'm tempted......just last week I was talking to my wife about selling my 2005 R1 and getting a bird. A good friend of mine that I ride with is on his 2nd blackbird...I'm starting to get a little tired of the local 'racer' stereotypes.

It always seems like the timing has to be just right. (PM me before you send her off to Craigslist & E-Bay.....) I may put the R1 on Craigslist tomorrow to see what happens.

hey ---- by the way.....I live in Michigan, and am a Private Pilot.

I plan on deciding what to do after I get back from a trip on Monday - flying a friend to the Indianapolis area and back.

Nice to see another pilot on the board!