CBR1100XX.org Forum

2000 Titanium XX 14k miles!

2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird. Titanium color

14k miles on it. Perfect running condition. Minor cosmetic damage on left side. Tagged until May '08 in Delaware. Oil changed less than 1k miles ago.

I can let this go for $2400. Its really a good deal, I just need it out of here. :icon_sad:

This bike comes with matching Corbin Beetle bags. These saddle bags have locks and upholstery on the inside. Very handy for commuting! $1200 value!

I dropped this bike and the left side of the body is scratched, not broken. I have an estimate from Powersports East to return it to like-new condition. The back tire (Avon ST) has about 5000 miles on it. Still looks new though., no chicken strips.

This is a great deal. Replace some body panels and have a brand new bike!

With new body panels the bike is worth $4500 - $5500

I have a price from Direct Line for new parts $1647.24. These are the parts the dealer told me I needed.

The bike is in Delaware

Thanks!

BadAndy

How about some pictures?

ok here are some pics. It makes me sad to sell this for so cheap, but i need it gone. You will see the left mirror bracket is broken but thats only a $26 part.

The reason its priced so low is that I need it out of my garage ASAP. If I hold on to it, I'll keep it. I love this bike.

post-6658-1196530441.jpg

post-6658-1196530509.jpg

I have 7 people interested in this bike! How do I choose a winner? They all are offering the same price, They all seem like nice people. The out of state folks are making payment and pickup very easy on me.

Sheesh I thought is would be tuff to sell this bike in December, thats why i priced it so low.

What a fool i was.

Any suggestions?

Bad Andy

I have 7 people interested in this bike! How do I choose a winner? They all are offering the same price, They all seem like nice people. The out of state folks are making payment and pickup very easy on me.

Sheesh I thought is would be tuff to sell this bike in December, thats why i priced it so low.

What a fool i was.

Any suggestions?

Bad Andy

Sell it the first person that contacted you.

What a fool i was.

Any suggestions?

Bad Andy

Auction it on eBay

What a fool i was.

Any suggestions?

Bad Andy

Andy,

Normally the first with a FIRM ACCEPTABLE offer that you will accept wins.

(I know it's not me, I snoozed and loozed.)

-Greg.

Andy,

Here is how I feel...

The right thing to do would be to sell it to the first person that offered you what you were asking. Ask them for a deposit and set a date to pick it up. If any of those fall through then you know to move on to the second person that offered you what you were asking.

Honestly...if the first offer falls though then I would feel like I did the right thing and then do whatever I wanted.

Obviously you aren't bound by anyones suggestions, we all make mistakes (not saying you made one) and do what you want.

Selling it for cheap to move something quick is something I have ALWAYS done. Why...it eliminates the hassle. I HATE hassle and not having to deal with it...is worth a ton of money to me.

If you were asking for $4K you would be haggling with 400 people, you would have 20 people make and break promises with you, you would have 20 people tell you they are coming to see it and never show, you would have 40 people tell you they want it and never hear from again.

Now...you have JBOWEN who will commit at that great price and have it out of your garage in 72 hours.

I think you are getting what you want...a few bucks less to have it gone now with NO BULLSHIT !

Congrats on the sale!

I think that I have noticed that around here if you want to sell anything, you should just call Josh and get him to send you a check......don't even bother advertising! :icon_rolleyes:

Sell it the first person that contacted you.

+1 - its good form to sell it to first responder if they close the deal with arrangements, otherwise go down the list.

and hey, if the few hundred other interested parties in line fall thru, I'll fly out there and hand you cash for it.

Josh wins! Thanks for everyones interest.

If I ever wreck another XX Ill let you know!

BadAndy

Somebody kick me!

well since you asked and noone else has stepped up...

KICK !!! right square in the ass.

51-kick.gif

You dare go on vacation and then whine about it afterwards.

Congrats to Josh.

How appropriate! Baden Powell. I never made it to Eagle. Bad planning 'N stuff.

Thanks, I needed that. :icon_biggrin:

Bill

• 4 weeks later...