CBR1100XX.org Forum

modify stock exhaust

stealthone

Personnaly I've never been able to alter a stock exhaust and have it sound good or increase performance. Usually you end up having to replace what you've screwwed up! So, my advise is leave it alone, then save your money, buy an aftermarket, and if you don't like it at least you have the original! :cool:

Make sure that you have the money for the aftermarket system before you start hacking at the stockers. :shock: I highly doubt that you will be pleased with your results. Of course, stock systems go for dirt cheap on ebay, so I guess you could always go back. Maybe you should pick one of them up and hack into it?

I believe someone here tried drilling some holes in the stock cans and said that it sounded like shit. I believe them. I don't see how it would improve flow much, either.

If you are looking for a cheap aftermarket system, and are willing to do (or have done) a little work, I have a few black carbon fiber canisters collecting dust. They aren't perfect (slight scuffing from the straps) and you would need to make midpipes for them. PM me if you are interested.

There is a guy from the AZbusas board that does them, Carlos put me in contact with him, but he never returned my calls. You may want to try him.

On the board AZ busa, his user name is lubricity and his name is Charlie, here is his number 702-460-1737. It would be great to see what he could do to them. The stock mufflers look great on the bike.

I did it. I put two one foot drill extentions together and drilled straight through from one end to the other. I made it a little louder but not much. Didn't sound bad but not like a Yosh or something. I don't know how the exhust gets through those stock cans. Oh, I have the Yosh now.