CBR1100XX.org Forum

Aftermarket Panniers and mounting kits for blackbirds

bwflorence

http://www.ventura-bike.com/

http://www.oxprod.com/index.php?pg=67&...19f0ff4ee7b90b4

I've got some of each. Doug (Oldgeezer) has New Enough I think. He likes his.

Pros...they are pretty cheap, hold shitloads of stuff and don't rattle

Cons.....very uncool to the shiny paint job crowd, hard to lock or secure to bike. Kind of a pain in the ass to mount & dismount.

And I am sure there are more for each column.

I have lockable hard luggage from Non Fango - Top box and Panniers, they are very similar to the Givi stuff although I am not sure whether it is still made, it is good quality though :icon_think:

The OEM bags are not an option here, (U.S.A,), but can be aquired through Sport Touring Accessories. At $895, including all hardware, color matched, & 4 keys, I don't think they are expensive at all. New Corbin Beetle bags are over $1000, can't hold a full face helmet, and aren't genuine Honda. Yes, I know the Honda panniers are made by Givi. I personally didn't care for the look of the Givi's, but the different size options gives you choices. I guess it boils down to what you like.

[attachmentid=5771][attachmentid=5772]I purchased my OEM panniers from Davidsilverspares paid about 780.00 and I believe that was with shipping. I looked at alot of different brands and I am glad I chose the OEM bags.

post-3669-1167269568_thumb.jpg

post-3669-1167269597_thumb.jpg

[attachmentid=5771][attachmentid=5772]I purchased my OEM panniers from Davidsilverspares paid about 780.00 and I believe that was with shipping. I looked at alot of different brands and I am glad I chose the OEM bags.

Did that include the mounting brackets ???

That was with the mounting brackets. When I get my bird back from the honda dealer, I will post pics with the bags off and on. The mounting brackets don't look as bad as I thought they would with the bags off. But my bird is black so the mounts blend in. suggest painting the brackets to match the bikes color. They were selling silver or blue bags a lot cheaper than the black bags, so I brought the silver bags knowing that I could have them painted to match if I wanted. But I like the silver since I removed all the side reflectors I want the bike to standout at night.

Those look very nice on the black bike. I just checked with that site, and the price

is listed as $580 USD. What was the cost of shipping? Was it $200?

Those look very nice on the black bike. I just checked with that site, and the price

is listed as $580 USD. What was the cost of shipping? Was it $200?

I checked out the site and its way cheaper than here...the full kit costs $1800 here...looks like I can get it shipped here for around $1000AU

sweet :)

I think the shipping was close to $200.00 with the vat charges and the extra because it was a large box ,must have been oversized. It did not come with new lights just angle brackets that attach where the original signals mounted, the brackets move the tailight rearward and outward so the the tailight can be seen from the side. Ron

I think the shipping was close to $200.00 with the vat charges and the extra because it was a large box ,must have been oversized. It did not come with new lights just angle brackets that attach where the original signals mounted, the brackets move the tailight rearward and outward so the the tailight can be seen from the side. Ron

Why did you have to pay VAT, I thought if you were outside the EU then you were VAT exempt :icon_think:

I found my paperwork on my panniers total with freight was $807.35 no vat charges. When I get my bird back I'll post pics.

I found my paperwork on my panniers total with freight was $807.35 no vat charges. When I get my bird back I'll post pics.

I finally got a reply from David Silver Spares with a quote for the 'bird panniers,

including shipping: £295 for the bags and £105.90 for shipping to California.

That's $773.50 at today's conversion rate.

I've tested them at 130+ with no problems, that's how they mount. Ron

No offense, but according to the Honda UK site, your bags need to be reversed. I have never tried to lock my OEM panniers the way you have yours, but if you like them that way, then so be it.