CBR1100XX.org Forum

Did you replace your reg/rec?

YO

Hi Birdies,

Did you replace your reg/rec?

Mine broke down at 36000 km.

I say yes.

Yep mine just went south after ~50,000 miles

The new OEM one looks very different. All cover with cooling fins.

Yep, replaced mine right around 50,000 miles as well (shit the bed on me at NeXXt). I replaced mine with an R1 unit though. Stayed away from the Honda one this time.

Ken

I upgraded mine to the R1 r/r, the one I had on there was fine. That should have been a clue.... 3 months later the R1 r/r crapped out on the road (thanks, Brett and Goldwing Louis). I replaced it with another R1 R/R, and carry my OEM R/R in my tank bag, just in case.

Replaced mine at about 40k miles, with a 15 year old VF 750's (was visiting Dad and didn't want to wait for originals). This lasted 3 years and at 60ishk I replaced it with the cheaper of the two that Partmonster sold. Haven't had a problem since. Infact, I charge at idle now.

my 99' has 30,000 would you replace it it is still good should I be looking for one, thanks Ron

The 99 reg/rec are of a modified type so it lasts longer dan the 1997. Why bother to replace it XXSTAR...

If it's good it's good :icon_cool:

Some BB-pilots always have a spare with them just in case....

I replaced my stator and battery at around 50-60,000 kms. Haven't touched the R & R yet, but I do think/worry a little about it. 102,000 kms now. Don't know why the stator fried itself. I saw it, and smelled it when it was off the bike. I had to wait two weeks for a replacement, OEM, b/c they weren't any in Canada. It caused me a little grief cause I was leaving on a long road trip soon. Honda Canada told me it was in transit, which it was, and all worked out ok, except the cost, ouch. '02 cherry red.

I`m on original parts after 93 k miles,my xx is 1999 model.Do I win some kind of prize ? :icon_wink:

My only add-ons are electric vest and gloves in cold weather.

I think the key is clean connectors and not trying to squize couple more months of your old battery.

My 2002 has the newer one with the cooling fins/heatsinks. At 30,000 miles still going strong. I only run heated grips and a Gerbings jacket once in awhile.