CBR1100XX.org Forum

Is the Battery for the XX at Walmart Ok ?

Big Jeff

Sure, just get it filled there (as they'll do) but don't let them charge it. Bring it home and charge it with your MOTORCYCLE specific charger. You should be all set. I buy my batteries at CND TIRE and do just that. They are actually made by YAUSA? Or something like that.

My "Walmart" battery is sealed. But it was purchased in Hawaii. I'am 98% sure my rectifier just went. Did all the tests according to the manual and only getting 10.53 volts :cry: :cry: why is my emotion green? $$ going out

Correct battery from Walmart is GTX-12BS,and yes it is maintenance free,sealed unit just like O.E.M.Don`t mistake it with gel battery (R1,900-954RR etc)

As far as charging,follow instructions,car charger should be fine as long as really small amps can be dialed in.

I paid about 50$ for mine over a year ago,works fine.

Pet peeve/rant and clarification... The stock battery is not maintenance free. It sure is "maintenance proof" but not maintenance free. It NEEDS to be maintained, but they fucking sealed it so you can't. The last battery I bought at Wal-mart (for another bike) had standard caps so you could maintain it. Sorry to hear they've gone to the bullshit so-called maintenance free crap.

I know what you mean,if electrolit goes low battery goes south and there is nothing you can do about it. In this case maintenance is limited to ,,,errr,,replacing battery.

Those old style batteries with standard caps cost 25-30 bucks,sealed 50-60 $. It is called progress.