CBR1100XX.org Forum

Time to get moving on the spring order

SwampNut

What weight spring?  

18 members have voted

1. 1.

• 16.65 (middle ground)

Ok, we have 11 people who voted "yes" for the 900RR springs. This brings the cost to under $100 each. Now the question...do we go with the 16.8 stock rate? Racetech recommends a lighter spring, 16.5, but not taking into account luggage, passenger, etc. The heaviest RT spring, what I'm running right now, is 16.0 and it is way too light. What say ye?

The order is paid up front, at the time we order. Delivery was around two weeks I think, then I can ship them out. Paypal will be the easiest for cash. I'll just have to figure out shipping weight and cost. Is anybody who wants them outside the US? Or is there anyone who can't receive UPS for any reason?

I voted for the middle ground, because I'm still unsure of what I really want. The stock spring rate is fine when I'm loaded down, but seems a bit stiff when riding solo even without much preload. The 16.5 seems like a good compromise. I'll settle for whatever wins the most votes, though.

Ok, we had 11 "yes" votes before, but only 5 in this thread? If you've changed your mind and no longer want one, please say so.

Also...anybody got a stock 900RR spring off the shock that they could measure?

Ok, we had 11 "yes" votes before, but only 5 in this thread?  If you've changed your mind and no longer want one, please say so.

Also...anybody got a stock 900RR spring off the shock that they could measure?

What kind of measurement are you looking for?

I have a stock spring that is off of the shock at the moment.

It is the stock spring. I got the shock and spring from RodeRash last week. WE can ask him just to make sure but I am 100% positive it is the 900 RR stocker, it is red and the part number on the shock is MWO-003.

How accurate are we talking?

I have some dial calipers that could probably do the inside diameter but they are definitely not big enough for the length.

I'd be willing to send it wherever it needs to go to get measured though.

Actually, I do not have a "ruler" since there is not a King in this country.

If I look around I might have a "rule" to measure the length with....

:razz:

PS - Granted ruler also means rule but not as its first meaning in the dictionary.

I'll get back to you on the diameter and length this evening.

RodeRash that would be cool!

The one you sent me was the stock 900 one right?!

Just checking.

Swampnut:

I was at home over lunch and started to measure that spring, one end is larger

thatn the other end, inside diameter wise, and not by just a little either. Does this

seem right to you?

Then I got sidetracked and couldn't finish up the measurements.

More info to follow......

Yes, I sent you the stock 900 spring. I'm pretty sure the dimensions for the RaceTech spring were listed on the box. I'll get them, and post tomorrow AM.

Here's something new to think about. The stock 900 RR spring probably has the correct spring rate to match up with that trick TSR linkage that Alpha just installed on his bike.

I checked the label on the box of my RaceTech 16.0 spring.

The spring is a different diameter on one end. It looks like the last full coil shrinks down. Here is what is listed on the label.

56mm X 57mm X200mm

The first two measurements are ID measurements. I ran a tape measure across the inside of the spring and found that the ID of the small end is more like 52-53mm.