CBR1100XX.org Forum

XX Engine Removal

JB4XX

I'm looking over the manual in preps for engine removal. Any hints from those few who have done this?

The manual lists a 32mm Lock nut wrench needed. Did you need the Honda tool or did a 32 mm socket work?

It also lists removal of carbs and slave cylinder, is there any other tips to make this go smooth?

I'm looking over the manual in preps for engine removal. Any hints from those few who have done this?

The manual lists a 32mm Lock nut wrench needed. Did you need the Honda tool or did a 32 mm socket work?

It also lists removal of carbs and slave cylinder, is there any other tips to make this go smooth?

please, i'm in need, if you have the repair manual in electronic format can u send it to me! thx

Tell them the truth Josh........... The fat redneck broke it by simply sitting on it.

Hello pot... :icon_rolleyes:

Maybe you should have Louie take a look at it. If I remember correctly, he made the very same repair on a another Bird.

I'll paint it yellow so no one can tell it was ever down.

:icon_rolleyes:

Might try to throw sparks off the centerstand since it is all ready "reshaped".

:icon_biggrin:

please, i'm in need, if you have the repair manual in electronic format can u send it to me! thx

It has been available in the 'Important Threads' section forever...

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=32678

Wow, I'm surpirsed it broke clean off on both sides. That really shatters my confidence in this POS XX. Who wants to buy a slightly used 02'. I just don't feel safe anymore! How much do you weigh again!

I'm big. 270 pounds, and always sit on the bike when i take it of the center stand.

And this is my 7'th season on the 'bird. But I have to inform that I'm trying

to get down to 180 pounds. :icon_confused:

There has to be another reason that one broke off.

I'm big. 270 pounds, and always sit on the bike when i take it of the center stand.

I think he might mean that he put is ON the center stand while sitting on it....not take it off.

You haven't met Josh, At 270 you're just a little fella. Josh is "Big Boned"

I think he might mean that he put is ON the center stand while sitting on it....not take it off.

MY MISTAKE. :icon_confused:

It said "I tried putting the center stand down while sitting on it"

Have never even thought about getting the bike on the senterstand

when sitting on it. Got confused. :icon_shifty: :icon_shifty:

:icon_eek::icon_eek: Did I say :icon_eek: ?

I can't believe doing the sit on centerstand thing did that. I wonder if there was something else going on and that just took it the rest of the way.

I think this may be correct... To get correct ride height with the spring all the way preloaded and him sitting on the bike, he's got the thing shimmed like 12mm or something, so I'm sure it bottoms out regularly over large bumps in corners (bottoming is REALLY hard on hard parts, because they have to either bend or break to take up the stress and absorb the energy to stop the weight), and that piece is also what the shock linkage mounts to...

Mike

Enuf of the fat jokes... :icon_nono:

Any of you comedians ever remove the engine on your XX?

:icon_razz:

I'm just going to start taking it apart, taking lots of pictures and bagging items for later.

:icon_rolleyes:

Note to self:

Never ever ever use Nik's method again.

Josh, that sux, hope you get it back together right.

I would just follow the service manual, read through the entire procedure at least once and understand it before picking up tools.

And yeah, pictures and baggies. And Labels.