CBR1100XX.org Forum

Has anyone used the Bagster tank cover?

jlh1967xx

Has anyone used this Bagster tank cover. I want to keep my tank from gettign scratched from my magnetic tank bag and this likes a unique alternative. Has lcocking points to mount different size bags to the cover itself and covers the entire tank. Only one dealer here in the US and he says the cover alone is $123.

I have attached some picks, one is called clear cystal black, the other is just regular black and the last is a pick of a Suzuki Bandit with one monted and then the tank bag mounted to it.

post-3265-1153411298_thumb.jpg

post-3265-1153411316_thumb.jpg

post-3265-1153411326_thumb.jpg

Has anyone used this Bagster tank cover. I want to keep my tank from gettign scratched from my magnetic tank bag and this likes a unique alternative. Has lcocking points to mount different size bags to the cover itself and covers the entire tank. Only one dealer here in the US and he says the cover alone is $123.

I have attached some picks, one is called clear cystal black, the other is just regular black and the last is a pick of a Suzuki Bandit with one monted and then the tank bag mounted to it.

I have the cover and expandable tank bag, heavy duty material. Fit and material is of good quality. Only thing I don't like is the map pocket, harder to get maps in and out. My Marsee worked better for that. Let me know if you want me to email you some pics.

I have the cover and expandable tank bag, heavy duty material. Fit and material is of good quality. Only thing I don't like is the map pocket, harder to get maps in and out. My Marsee worked better for that. Let me know if you want me to email you some pics.

Yes please, pics would be great and much appreciated. My main concern is scratching the tank. Also are the bags easy to take on and off and do you know if a magnetic tank bag will work over this cover or if I must use a non magnetic bag?

I love mine. If you keep an eye out, you can snag a used one off eBay for half the cost of a new one.

I don't have any problems with the map pocket on my Alpha bag... not that I keep any maps in there. I put my iPod and other crap in in.

[attachmentid=2159][attachmentid=2158]

You can't use a magnetic tank bag on top of the Bagster, you need to by a specific tank bag from Bagster.

I tried setting my Marsee magnetic on top of the Bagster cover and it won't hold, either the cover is to thick or magnets not strong enough to hold. If you are worried about scratches, I've never had problems my Marsee bag scratching my tank.

Bagster is not as fast as a magnetic tank bag to remove as you have four clips to undo.

post-1153-1153417499_thumb.jpg

post-1153-1153417582_thumb.jpg

Bagster is not as fast as a magnetic tank bag to remove as you have four clips to undo.

Which takes all of 20 seconds to undo. However, you can GO faster with one on, since you don't have to worry about tank bags flying off at high speeds when magnets let go.

Plus, fill ups are a breeze. I unclip the fasteners closest to me, and swing the bag up and lean it against the windscreen. It sits there while I fill up, then it flips back down.

I think the cover detracts from the looks of the bike a bit, however the usefulness and protection is offers is unparalleled.

Does anybody know if a magnetic bag will work on top of the tank cover or is it just too thick? Also, do youhave to loosen or remove the tank to install and remove the bagster tank cover?

[/quote

:icon_wall:

I tried setting my Marsee magnetic on top of the Bagster cover and it won't hold, either the cover is to thick or magnets not strong enough to hold.

• 4 weeks later...

I am on my second Bird, and my second bagster cover. My original bird was a 98 that I picked up when I lived in Germany. The cover was awesome then, and I still love the thing on my new bird. I had to sell the German model when I got to the states because I couldn't drive it under 120mph to save my life. After Iraq I got another one and am very satisfied. The only difference is that now the covers have CBR embroidered in the side.

I take mine off about every other cleaning to wash under the cover and re-wax the tank. I've had NO difficulties with mine so far and I've used it for several years now. Ordering stateside will be slow, but it will come. I had my in-laws send me one from Germany and I already had the same bag pictured above. It is expandable, and moves easilly when you need to fill the tank. The map case in the top is a pain unless you have something in the bag, and then it holds it straight well enough. It even has a plastic cover that pulls out from the bottom in the case of rain, so it is actually pretty damned nice. I get compliments on the tank cover all the time as well, so it's not just my sense of asthetics that appreciates it.

I fully recommend it, but get a bag from Bagster that fits it as well. The thing is designed to accomodate the models made by Bagster.

I got bagster on both my birds. When I picked up the newest

one, I had a new bagster with me. The easy way to put on and

of the bag is awesome. And the bag that I got takes 36 bottles of beer.

And it prevents scratching up the paintjob.

AWESOME !!!! :icon_clap:

Mine arrived last week. You should have no problem selling yours though, it is fantastic, really pleased with the whole thing. Also bought the Bagster tank bag, one of many offered. This stuff is QUALITY!!!!!

Thanks again!

James

James, please take a high resolution picture and post it. Second Look Designs is in the process of making a full tank covers for the CBR1100XX Blackbirds. The sizing is on Wednesday Aug 16th. I don't have a cost, yet, but Second Look is giving us a 25% discount. The same discount on 1/2 Tank Bras and seat skins. Our group buy should be starting soon.

Thanks,

Carl

I bought the bagster bag and cover ($250) right after I got my Bird. I leave it on year round. 2 years, 27000 miles later and many of gas fill-ups, grocery hauling, touri9ng, opening for my CD player etc it is still in very good condition. I've had two zipper pulls break off but they are easily replaced. One I replaced with a nifty little Coleman thermoneter/compass thing.

I will say that the bag ain't water resistant worth a shit. I found out the hard way. I use one of the side pockets to keep the rain cover handy. Barely fits in there but it will fit.

You have to prop the tank up to attach the front strap,

No, you don't.......

Givi magnetic bags stick to the tank, even through the Bagster cover....

The fit and quality are very good, IMO

My bag (between the XX and the ST I had) has about 130 K miles behind it. It doesn't look new, but still looks okay and everything still works.

I agree about the waterproofnes though. With the older bags, like the Alpha, you have to pull the rain cover out.

I've heard that the Athena and Tektra (both bags with side pockets) are better.

There is a nw line of bags acvailable no though.

Check with Cima Intl. - helmets@aol.com or 866-2-helmet for more info.

If there is an application, Bagster will definatelly go on my next bike. :icon_cool:

Cheers,

P.S. PErsonally, I'd stay away from the "Crystal" models. I don't think they look that good and they .... scratch ! :icon_eek:

The front strap goes under the neck of the frame...... :icon_whistle:

You drop the strap down on the left side, in front of the frame, go under-around the neck and come back up on the right side. Just make sure you don't pinch any wire or cable....

This is a very simple cover, comparing to let's say the GS Adventure - there are 9 straps to pull there... :icon_twisted:

Cheers,