CBR1100XX.org Forum

200mph ++ HOW TO..??

Tom Braithwaite

" this has got to be some sort of record number of replies to a post by someone with 33 posts"..........

I created a monster...!! :icon_confused:

All I wanted to know "is it possible to get this thing into the 200mph club with gearing?"

Guess not,,,but it would be fun trying.

FOR DWAYNE: What is it like at 190 on the Bird..?? Was that the max or was there more..??

How much boost were you at when you are doing 190..??

Thanks Guys..interesting replies..!!

:icon_cool:

Now we are back to the origional thread, and Tom has asked the question I have.

How is the ride at the higher speeds. I have only seen 172 indicated (155?). I know things are busy even at those modest speeds.

Salt flat bikes seem to lose traction as they go faster. This makes going faster, and straight a problem.

How about my beloved Bird. Does it continue to hunker down, and get smoother?

Now we are back to the origional thread, and Tom has asked the question I have.

How is the ride at the higher speeds. I have only seen 172 indicated (155?). I know things are busy even at those modest speeds.

Salt flat bikes seem to lose traction as they go faster. This makes going faster, and straight a problem.

How about my beloved Bird. Does it continue to hunker down, and get smoother?

260 MPH on a street bike! On Sunday, October 30, Lee Shierts smashed out a 260.2886 MPH pass at the East Coast Timing Association's (ECTA) Maxton, NC one-mile track to become the first street bike rider in history to set an official record over 260 MPH. Shierts rode the Rich Yancy built and tuned "BUD BUSA" Suzuki Hayabusa through the 132-foot traps in only 0.34577 seconds, after a one-mile

acceleration from a standing start. Shierts' record is the new world, American, association, and track record for street bikes. The red, highly modified 1999 Suzuki Hayabusa is equipped with a "Mr Turbo" turbo system; that is basically a standard system with an ice intercooler fabricated by Yancy. Yancy reports about 500 horsepower in the tune up used for the 260 MPH record run. Although Yancy's bike has nearly standard wheelbase and fairings, his chassis may carry up to 200 pounds of ballast, in an effort to find and control traction. In repeated testing, Yancy and team riders Shierts, Wayne Pollack, and Scott Guthrie found that too much rear-wheel traction was possible, allowing the front wheel to lift at over 240 MPH. This raised the possibility of a "power wheelie" going over backwards at near 250 MPH, especially if the air got under the bike and continued the lifting the bike even after the throttle was closed. Too little rear wheel traction, the bike would spin the tire for 5,280 feet, and reduce top speed. Yancy and Shierts used Saturday's ECTA racing as a tuning and practice session in preparation for the expected better weather on Sunday morning. With 5-8 MPH headwinds, and with temperatures as high as the 70's, Shierts rode passes of 245.9084 MPH, 252.3412 MPH and 256.2424 MPH, all national speed records. Giving in to the high winds and high temperatures, the team packed up for the day at only 3:30 pm. Sunday dawned beautifully cool and clear. First ECTA record runs began at 8:00 am, but Yancy and Shierts waited until almost 9:00 am to bring the Bud Busa to the line. Yancy risked the chance of bad winds, hoping to see that the crumbling World War Two concrete track was clean, and the timing equipment was "working good". Off the trailer, with no warm-up or practice, Shierts made an almost flawless run at 260.2886 MPH to take the record in a 1-3 MPH headwind and about 54-55 degree temperature. Combining Shierts' last run of Saturday, and his first run of Sunday, Bonneville style, Shierts established a two-run average of 258.2655 MPH. The fastest street bike record at Bonneville is 252.832 MPH. With Shierts aboard, the Bud Busa was the first to set a street bike record over 250 MPH, in October of 2004. He was also the first to break 255 MPH, in October 2004. The Bud Busa, with veteran team rider Scott Guthrie aboard, holds the 251.148 MPH motorcycle track record at the Goliad, Texas "Texas Mile" land speed racing track. The Yancy Bud Busa is the only bike to hold the track record at two major land-speed racing tracks at the same time.

IPB Image

260 MPH on a street bike! On Sunday, October 30, Lee Shierts smashed out a 260.2886 MPH pass at the East Coast Timing Association's (ECTA) Maxton, NC one-mile track to become the first street bike rider in history to set an official record over 260 MPH. Shierts rode the Rich Yancy built and tuned "BUD BUSA" Suzuki Hayabusa through the 132-foot traps in only 0.34577 seconds, after a one-mile

acceleration from a standing start. Shierts' record is the new world, American, association, and track record for street bikes. The red, highly modified 1999 Suzuki Hayabusa is equipped with a "Mr Turbo" turbo system; that is basically a standard system with an ice intercooler fabricated by Yancy. Yancy reports about 500 horsepower in the tune up used for the 260 MPH record run. Although Yancy's bike has nearly standard wheelbase and fairings, his chassis may carry up to 200 pounds of ballast, in an effort to find and control traction. In repeated testing, Yancy and team riders Shierts, Wayne Pollack, and Scott Guthrie found that too much rear-wheel traction was possible, allowing the front wheel to lift at over 240 MPH. This raised the possibility of a "power wheelie" going over backwards at near 250 MPH, especially if the air got under the bike and continued the lifting the bike even after the throttle was closed. Too little rear wheel traction, the bike would spin the tire for 5,280 feet, and reduce top speed. Yancy and Shierts used Saturday's ECTA racing as a tuning and practice session in preparation for the expected better weather on Sunday morning. With 5-8 MPH headwinds, and with temperatures as high as the 70's, Shierts rode passes of 245.9084 MPH, 252.3412 MPH and 256.2424 MPH, all national speed records. Giving in to the high winds and high temperatures, the team packed up for the day at only 3:30 pm. Sunday dawned beautifully cool and clear. First ECTA record runs began at 8:00 am, but Yancy and Shierts waited until almost 9:00 am to bring the Bud Busa to the line. Yancy risked the chance of bad winds, hoping to see that the crumbling World War Two concrete track was clean, and the timing equipment was "working good". Off the trailer, with no warm-up or practice, Shierts made an almost flawless run at 260.2886 MPH to take the record in a 1-3 MPH headwind and about 54-55 degree temperature. Combining Shierts' last run of Saturday, and his first run of Sunday, Bonneville style, Shierts established a two-run average of 258.2655 MPH. The fastest street bike record at Bonneville is 252.832 MPH. With Shierts aboard, the Bud Busa was the first to set a street bike record over 250 MPH, in October of 2004. He was also the first to break 255 MPH, in October 2004. The Bud Busa, with veteran team rider Scott Guthrie aboard, holds the 251.148 MPH motorcycle track record at the Goliad, Texas "Texas Mile" land speed racing track. The Yancy Bud Busa is the only bike to hold the track record at two major land-speed racing tracks at the same time.

:icon_dance:

Say it..!! Say it..!! ....SWEET!!!!

:icon_whistle:

:icon_think:

now,,how can i get this 02 to go over 200...so i can get my shirt..??

Well there's 20 minutes of my life I'll never get back. :icon_frown:

WAY too much effort put into this thread. I did like Hugo's 1 tooth sprocket. :icon_cool:

My Controls

Options

Manage Ignored Users

Add new users to your list

kf4mtw

Done.

Edit: I understand the entertainment value but talk about an exercise in futility................

Thanks for the entertainment guys.

Oh and yes I have an 02 XX, which proves to be the holy grail of them all. If you gear it tall enough, it will reach over 450 mph (going to 1 tooth in the rear, hillbilly type sprocket).

Hugo

How many teef in the front?

:icon_shifty: :icon_shhh:

Just do it like i did and swap the front and rear sprockets. 200MPH no problem. little slow to get going tho.another cheap speed trick i have done is to carry a spray bottle with you filled with HIGHLY combustible fluid and while your WFO at about 160MPH reach around the front with your left hand and spray it into the intake ducts,make sure you hold on tight with your right hand as it takes off pretty quick.

Oh ya and mine is an 02 silverbird also so you guys with the inferior ones might not get the same response.

Now you tell me this. I just finished the non-stick liner installation on the intake ducts,,,,,, and I already bought 5 cases of Aquanet from ebay to fuel this adventure. Now I've got enough hair spray to have "high Hair" days for the next 28 years,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, provided I have hair then at least.

HERE IS MY TAKE ON THIS 200MPH SHIT. I HAVE BEEN RIDING BIKES SINCE I WAS 14 YEARS OLD. THE FIRST WAS A BLACK HONDA 90.(1965) PUT A STRAIGHT PIPE ON IT AND IT WOULD HIT 65 OR SO.(8 HP) SOUNDED COOL AND WAS REALLY FUN TO RIDE. I WAS HOOKED. THEN A HODAKA 100 SUPER RAT CAME MY WAY. IT WAS MY FIRST 2 STROKE. I WAS VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE SOUND AND THE POWER. IT WAS GREAT FOR TRAIL RIDING. WHEN I GOT MY LICENCE AT 16 I WAS READY FOR THE ROAD AND GOT A GOOD DEAL ON A USED HONDA CB 350. IT WAS A FLAT POWER BAND COMPARED TO THE 2 STROKES AND DID PRETTY WELL RIGHT UP TO AROUND 90MPH. MY DREAM BIKE AS A KID WAS DEVELOPED BY WATCHING A LOCAL GUY DOING WHEELIES AROUND TOWN, ON THE H1 KAW 500 TRIPLE.(1969).FASTEST BIKE AT THE TIME. I GOT ONE WHEN I WAS 18. IT HAD 60 HP. WOULD HIT 12.4 SECONDS IN THE 1/4 MILE AND ITS TOP END WAS CLOSE TO 124. THEN I MOVED UP TO THE H2 KAW 750 TRIPLE. IT DID 12 FLAT IN THE 1/4 WITH JUST A LITTLE MORE TOP END.(128)THESE 2 STROKE TRIPLE KAWS WERE REAL PIPEY, SOUNDED LIKE NO OTHER BIKE BUT HANDLED LIKE DOG SHIT AND LOOKING BACK YOU MAY AS WELL HAVE BEEN DOING 200MPH. A LOT OF THEM NEVER MADE 10000 MILES BEFORE THEY WERE WRECKED. IF YOU HAD TO BRAKE OR GOD FORGIVE CHANGE DIRECTIONS AT OVER 100 YOUR ASS WOULD PUCKER REALLY, REALLY TIGHT WHILE FIGHTING THE WOBBLE IN EVEN IN THE SLIGHTEST TURN. I PROCEEDED TO CRASH ONE DAY IN A TURN AND BROKE MY COLLAR BONE. IN 1981 I GOT A BRAND NEW GS550E SUZUKI THAT TOPPED OUT AT 124MPH AS ADVERTISED.IT TOO HAD ABOUT 60HP. I FOUND LATER THAT STAT TO BE INCREDIBLY ACCURATE. ITS A 4 STROKE 4 CYLINDER WITH A SMOOTHER BUT PEPPY POWERBAND, GOOD BRAKES AND QUICK HANDLING. ONE SUMMER DAY IN THE S.F.BAY AREA I DID 124 FOR 10 MILES WHILE BEING CHASED BY SEVERAL CHP'S IN MUSTANGS ON HIWAY 580 HEADING TOWARDS LIVERMORE. I FELT LIMITED AS IT WAS A BIT SLOWER THAN THE COPS 140 MPH MUSTANG. LUCKY FOR ME I JUGGLED THROUGH TRAFFIC AND TOOK A QUICK EXIT RAN A STOP SIGN A QUICK BLAST FOR A MILE FOLLOWED BY 2 RIGHTS TO A FRIENDS HOUSE AND I LOST THEM BASTURDS FOR GOOD. SOLD IT THE NEXT WEEKEND AND GOT OUT OF THE SPORT. (I WAS ABOUT TO LOSE MY LICIENSE). JUST 4 YEARS AGO I WAS GETTING THE BUG AGAIN WATCHING THE MULTITUDE OF HYABUSAS THAT ARE ALL OVER THIS ISLAND. WHILE VISITING OREGON I FOUND A GOOD DEAL ON A BLACK 1976 SUZUKI 700 INTRUDER FOR $1500 LIKE NEW WITH A HELMET A LOCK AND A COVER WITH 8000 MILES. I SHIPPED IT HERE TO PUERTO RICO AND REALLY ENJOYED PUTTING AROUND THE ISLAND. IT WAS REALLY FUN AND COMFORTABLE UNLESS YOU DO A LOT OF FREEWAY CRUISING. 45 HP OR SO BUT GREAT TORQUE FOR CITY DRIVING. AT 100MPH THE BIKE HAS HEAVY VIBRATION AND FEELS LIKE IT MIGHT BLOW UP AT ANY TIME.(104 TOP SPEED) ONE DAY I LET A FRIEND OF MINE RIDE IT. HE DIDN'T WANT TO BUT I INSISTED. IT WORKED. 1 WEEK LATER HE GOT A HONDA SUPERHAWK 996. WE WOULD RIDE AROUND AND I WOULD GET HIM OFF THE STOP LIGHTS BUT AFTER 70MPH HE WAS GONE. I WAS ALWAYS BEHIND ON OUR ISLAND EXCURSIONS. I FELT LIKE I WAS ON A FUCKING MINI BIKE. HE KEEP TELLING ME TO UPGRADE. 2 YEARS AGO I FOUND LOCAL RESIDENT WITH A 1999 CBR1100XX BLACKHAWK WITH ONLY 6000 MILES.(THEY ARE RARE HERE) THE OWNER WAS UNABLE TO RIDE IT DO TO HIS INEXPERIENCE WITH BIKES. IT WAS TO BIG AND UNFREINDLY. HE TIPPED IT OVER A COUPLE TIMES JUST PUSHING IT IN AND OUT OF THE HOUSE. I WENT TO CHECK IT OUT WITH OUT KNOWING A THING ABOUT THIS BIKE. IT WAS RUNNING BUT WOULDNT IDLE WELL AND IT SMOKED A LOT. I FIGURED I COULD CHANGE THE PLUGS AND FIX IT. I OFFERED $3500 AND MY USER FRIENDLY INTRUDER. HE WANTED AT LEAST $4500 SINCE HE PAID $9500 AND ONLY MANAGED TO TIP IT OVER A COUPLE TIMES OVER THE YEAR HE HAD IT. BUT I STUCK TO MY GUNS. LATER ON HE TOOK MY OFFER. RIDING IT TO MY HOME , I WAS WONDERING IF I DID THE RIGHT THING. IT WAS REALLY BLOWING OUT A LOT OF BLUE SMOKE. THEN I FIND OUT THAT ITS FUEL INJECTED. I HAVE TO GET A FUCKING MANUAL. I KNOW ZIP ABOUT FI. THE PLUGS HERE IN PUERTO RICO WERE $18 EACH AND I THINK OH SHIT, HERE WE GO. I DID THE CHANGE(2 HOURS) AND IT STILL BLOWS SMOKE. I WOULD BLOW THROUGH A TANK IN 45 MILES. STILL WAITING FOR A MANUAL I WAS HELPLESS. CHECKING MY OIL I FOUND THE DIPSTICK GETTING A HIGHER READING AND SMELLING A LOT LIKE GAS. GAS WAS POURING THROUGH THE ENGINE. SHIT, NOT GOOD. I FOUND A MECHANIC THAT I COULD TRUST. A MONTH LATER(ISLAND TIME HERE) IT TURNED OUT TO BE A FAULTY FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR. HE DID A COUPLE OIL CHANGES AND INSTALLED THE REG

FOR $175. HE WHEELED HER DOWN THE RAMP OUT OF THE SHOP AND RAN IT DOWN THE SIDE STREET AND BACK. ON THE WAY BACK HE CRACKED THE THROTTLE AND I WATCHED HIM STAND THAT BLACKBITCH ON ITS REAR WHEEL. I WAS VERY IMPRESSED. HE SAID SHE IS RUNNING LIKE A CHAMP AND THAT THE REMAINING SMOKE WILL BURN OUT OF THE PIPES OVER TIME. THAT DAY CHANGED MY LIFE. I HAVE RODE A LOT OF BIKES BUT THERE IS NOTHING LIKE THIS BLACKBIRD XX. I HAVE GOT IT UP TO 175 INDICATED ON A 2 MILE BRIDGE LATE AT NIGHT AND I TELL YOU WHAT. FUCK 200MPH. I WAS WEARING A HALF HELMET TUCKED BEHIND MY LITTLE ZERO GRAVITY WINDSCREEN. MY CHEEKS WERE FLUTTERING AND SPIT WAS BEING SUCKED OUT OF MY MOUTH. IT WAS FUCKING INSANE. ON THE ROAD AT LEAST HERE IN PR THERE ARE FEW AREAS WHERE YOU NEED 200MPH. I HAVE LOST A NUMBER OF COPS HERE ALREADY WITH OUT HAVING TO DO MORE THAN AN EASY 145MPH. THIS BIKE IS SO GREAT AT THE STOCK SETTINGS. I AGREE WITH ONE GUY OUT THERE THAT THE K&N FILTER DOESNT DO SHIT. I TOOK IT OFF.+ IT DOESN'T SEEM TO SEAL PROPERLY. I LOVE MY QUIET STOCK PIPES. YOU CAN HARDLY HEAR THE ENGINE AT HIGH SPEED. MY FRIEND THAT HAD THE SUPER HAWK NOW HAS THE 2006 KAW NINJA X10. YES ITS CLOSER TO 200MPH BUT GUESS WHAT. I AM ALWAYS IN FRONT. ITS GEARED HIGH. 104MPH IN FIRST. I DO 2 SHIFTS TO 105. WE ARE NOW NECK AND NECK AND STARTS TO PASS. BUT NOW ITS TIME TO SLOW DOWN FOR TRAFFIC OR SAFTEY REASONS. I CAN STOP BETTER. THE HONDA IS HEAVIER, MORE STABLE AND THE LINKED BRAKE SYSTEM SLOWS YOU DOWN IN A HURRY. ANOTHER COOL THING IS SHE CAN RIDE 2 UP WITH COMFORT. I RODE A 245LB FAT BITCH ON THE BACK ACROSS THE ISLAND. WE HIT 155MPH ON A BRIDGE(NO POSSIBLE SIDE TRAFFIC) BEFORE SHE CHOKED ME OUT AND BEGAN BEATING MY CHEST. JUST AS WE HIT THAT OVERPASS UNDER FULL THROTTLE IN 3RD AT 115MPH THE FRONT END CAME UP A FOOT OR SO BUT REMAINED VERY STABLE AND SET DOWN AFTER THE RISE DISPITE ARE OVER WEIGHT CONDITION. WE SLOWED BACK DOWN TO 100MPH FOR THE REST OF THE TRIP AND IT TRULY FELT LIKE YOU COULD JUMP OFF THE BIKE AND RUN ALONG SIDE OF IT. AT 100 IN 6TH YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE JUST IDLING . IF ANYTHING I WOULD CONSIDER TO DROP A TOOTH IN THE FRONT OR ADD A COUPLE IN THE BACK. UNLESS YOU ARE ON THE SALT FLATS OR A CLOSED CIRCUIT, 200MPH IS NOT A GREAT IDEA. THE REAL FUN IS BETWEEN 20 AND 155. CRACK THIS BIRD AT 20 AND SHE GOES FORWARD STRAIGHT AND TRUE WITH THE FRONT NOT FAR ABOVE THE TAR. ITS NOT HOW FAST SHE'LL GO IN THE RARE 2 MILE FULL THROTTLE RUNS. ITS HOW QUICKLY YOU CAN SPEED UP AND SLOW DOWN IN TERMS OF RIDING IN TRAFFIC. WE CAN SPLIT THE LANES HERE AT ANY SPEED. I AM NOW 48 AND I FEEL LIKE A KID IN A CANDY STORE. I RUN WITH THE BUSAS,NINJAS NO PROB. THEY PAID $12000 OR MORE, I PAID $3500 + A $1500 BIKE THAT I DIDNT WANT ANY MORE. YOU SAY YOU WANT 200MPH. I SAY YOUR ASKING FOR IT. GO AHEAD JUST ADD NITRUS AND A $6000 MITSUBI TURBO AND BURN THAT BITCH UP. IT SHOULD DO ABOUT 250MPH WITH A HIGH BOOST SETTING. I PLAN ON RIDING MY XX FOR MANY MORE TROUBLE FREE MILES. I HAVE 22,000 MILES ALREADY MOST OF WHICH IS ALL AT 100MPH + WITH A NINJA ON MY TAIL... GOOD LUCK, MANNY---

Oh ya and mine is an 02 silverbird also so you guys with the inferior ones might not get the same response.

Now you tell me this. I just finished the non-stick liner installation on the intake ducts,,,,,, and I already bought 5 cases of Aquanet from ebay to fuel this adventure. Now I've got enough hair spray to have "high Hair" days for the next 28 years,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, provided I have hair then at least.

OH YA!!!!!!!! i never thought of hair spray,especially aquanet, as long as your non stick at the intake ducts you should be fine but DAMN its gonna be awesome once it starts building up on the inside of your cylinders and head,your compression is just gonna keep going up and so will the POWER.Can you imagine 22-1 compression,make sure you run pump premium or you might detonate.I was even thinking of mounting 2 blow dryer's to the front firing into the ducts and running them off a car inverter under my seat,could you imagine the HOT ass air just being forced in to the engine,the air would be HOT HOT!!!!!!! so the engine wont have to work as hard to ignite the fuel!!!!

HERE IS MY TAKE ON THIS 200MPH SHIT. I HAVE BEEN RIDING BIKES SINCE I WAS 14 YEARS OLD. THE FIRST WAS A BLACK HONDA 90.(1965) PUT A STRAIGHT PIPE ON IT AND IT WOULD HIT 65 OR SO.(8 HP) SOUNDED COOL AND WAS REALLY FUN TO RIDE. I WAS HOOKED. THEN A HODAKA 100 SUPER RAT CAME MY WAY. IT WAS MY FIRST 2 STROKE. I WAS VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE SOUND AND THE POWER. IT WAS GREAT FOR TRAIL RIDING. WHEN I GOT MY LICENCE AT 16 I WAS READY FOR THE ROAD AND GOT A GOOD DEAL ON A USED HONDA CB 350. IT WAS A FLAT POWER BAND COMPARED TO THE 2 STROKES AND DID PRETTY WELL RIGHT UP TO AROUND 90MPH. MY DREAM BIKE AS A KID WAS DEVELOPED BY WATCHING A LOCAL GUY DOING WHEELIES AROUND TOWN, ON THE H1 KAW 500 TRIPLE.(1969).FASTEST BIKE AT THE TIME. I GOT ONE WHEN I WAS 18. IT HAD 60 HP. WOULD HIT 12.4 SECONDS IN THE 1/4 MILE AND ITS TOP END WAS CLOSE TO 124. THEN I MOVED UP TO THE H2 KAW 750 TRIPLE. IT DID 12 FLAT IN THE 1/4 WITH JUST A LITTLE MORE TOP END.(128)THESE 2 STROKE TRIPLE KAWS WERE REAL PIPEY, SOUNDED LIKE NO OTHER BIKE BUT HANDLED LIKE DOG SHIT AND LOOKING BACK YOU MAY AS WELL HAVE BEEN DOING 200MPH. A LOT OF THEM NEVER MADE 10000 MILES BEFORE THEY WERE WRECKED. IF YOU HAD TO BRAKE OR GOD FORGIVE CHANGE DIRECTIONS AT OVER 100 YOUR ASS WOULD PUCKER REALLY, REALLY TIGHT WHILE FIGHTING THE WOBBLE IN EVEN IN THE SLIGHTEST TURN. I PROCEEDED TO CRASH ONE DAY IN A TURN AND BROKE MY COLLAR BONE. IN 1981 I GOT A BRAND NEW GS550E SUZUKI THAT TOPPED OUT AT 124MPH AS ADVERTISED.IT TOO HAD ABOUT 60HP. I FOUND LATER THAT STAT TO BE INCREDIBLY ACCURATE. ITS A 4 STROKE 4 CYLINDER WITH A SMOOTHER BUT PEPPY POWERBAND, GOOD BRAKES AND QUICK HANDLING. ONE SUMMER DAY IN THE S.F.BAY AREA I DID 124 FOR 10 MILES WHILE BEING CHASED BY SEVERAL CHP'S IN MUSTANGS ON HIWAY 580 HEADING TOWARDS LIVERMORE. I FELT LIMITED AS IT WAS A BIT SLOWER THAN THE COPS 140 MPH MUSTANG. LUCKY FOR ME I JUGGLED THROUGH TRAFFIC AND TOOK A QUICK EXIT RAN A STOP SIGN A QUICK BLAST FOR A MILE FOLLOWED BY 2 RIGHTS TO A FRIENDS HOUSE AND I LOST THEM BASTURDS FOR GOOD. SOLD IT THE NEXT WEEKEND AND GOT OUT OF THE SPORT. (I WAS ABOUT TO LOSE MY LICIENSE). JUST 4 YEARS AGO I WAS GETTING THE BUG AGAIN WATCHING THE MULTITUDE OF HYABUSAS THAT ARE ALL OVER THIS ISLAND. WHILE VISITING OREGON I FOUND A GOOD DEAL ON A BLACK 1976 SUZUKI 700 INTRUDER FOR $1500 LIKE NEW WITH A HELMET A LOCK AND A COVER WITH 8000 MILES. I SHIPPED IT HERE TO PUERTO RICO AND REALLY ENJOYED PUTTING AROUND THE ISLAND. IT WAS REALLY FUN AND COMFORTABLE UNLESS YOU DO A LOT OF FREEWAY CRUISING. 45 HP OR SO BUT GREAT TORQUE FOR CITY DRIVING. AT 100MPH THE BIKE HAS HEAVY VIBRATION AND FEELS LIKE IT MIGHT BLOW UP AT ANY TIME.(104 TOP SPEED) ONE DAY I LET A FRIEND OF MINE RIDE IT. HE DIDN'T WANT TO BUT I INSISTED. IT WORKED. 1 WEEK LATER HE GOT A HONDA SUPERHAWK 996. WE WOULD RIDE AROUND AND I WOULD GET HIM OFF THE STOP LIGHTS BUT AFTER 70MPH HE WAS GONE. I WAS ALWAYS BEHIND ON OUR ISLAND EXCURSIONS. I FELT LIKE I WAS ON A FUCKING MINI BIKE. HE KEEP TELLING ME TO UPGRADE. 2 YEARS AGO I FOUND LOCAL RESIDENT WITH A 1999 CBR1100XX BLACKHAWK WITH ONLY 6000 MILES.(THEY ARE RARE HERE) THE OWNER WAS UNABLE TO RIDE IT DO TO HIS INEXPERIENCE WITH BIKES. IT WAS TO BIG AND UNFREINDLY. HE TIPPED IT OVER A COUPLE TIMES JUST PUSHING IT IN AND OUT OF THE HOUSE. I WENT TO CHECK IT OUT WITH OUT KNOWING A THING ABOUT THIS BIKE. IT WAS RUNNING BUT WOULDNT IDLE WELL AND IT SMOKED A LOT. I FIGURED I COULD CHANGE THE PLUGS AND FIX IT. I OFFERED $3500 AND MY USER FRIENDLY INTRUDER. HE WANTED AT LEAST $4500 SINCE HE PAID $9500 AND ONLY MANAGED TO TIP IT OVER A COUPLE TIMES OVER THE YEAR HE HAD IT. BUT I STUCK TO MY GUNS. LATER ON HE TOOK MY OFFER. RIDING IT TO MY HOME , I WAS WONDERING IF I DID THE RIGHT THING. IT WAS REALLY BLOWING OUT A LOT OF BLUE SMOKE. THEN I FIND OUT THAT ITS FUEL INJECTED. I HAVE TO GET A FUCKING MANUAL. I KNOW ZIP ABOUT FI. THE PLUGS HERE IN PUERTO RICO WERE $18 EACH AND I THINK OH SHIT, HERE WE GO. I DID THE CHANGE(2 HOURS) AND IT STILL BLOWS SMOKE. I WOULD BLOW THROUGH A TANK IN 45 MILES. STILL WAITING FOR A MANUAL I WAS HELPLESS. CHECKING MY OIL I FOUND THE DIPSTICK GETTING A HIGHER READING AND SMELLING A LOT LIKE GAS. GAS WAS POURING THROUGH THE ENGINE. SHIT, NOT GOOD. I FOUND A MECHANIC THAT I COULD TRUST. A MONTH LATER(ISLAND TIME HERE) IT TURNED OUT TO BE A FAULTY FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR. HE DID A COUPLE OIL CHANGES AND INSTALLED THE REG

FOR $175. HE WHEELED HER DOWN THE RAMP OUT OF THE SHOP AND RAN IT DOWN THE SIDE STREET AND BACK. ON THE WAY BACK HE CRACKED THE THROTTLE AND I WATCHED HIM STAND THAT BLACKBITCH ON ITS REAR WHEEL. I WAS VERY IMPRESSED. HE SAID SHE IS RUNNING LIKE A CHAMP AND THAT THE REMAINING SMOKE WILL BURN OUT OF THE PIPES OVER TIME. THAT DAY CHANGED MY LIFE. I HAVE RODE A LOT OF BIKES BUT THERE IS NOTHING LIKE THIS BLACKBIRD XX. I HAVE GOT IT UP TO 175 INDICATED ON A 2 MILE BRIDGE LATE AT NIGHT AND I TELL YOU WHAT. FUCK 200MPH. I WAS WEARING A HALF HELMET TUCKED BEHIND MY LITTLE ZERO GRAVITY WINDSCREEN. MY CHEEKS WERE FLUTTERING AND SPIT WAS BEING SUCKED OUT OF MY MOUTH. IT WAS FUCKING INSANE. ON THE ROAD AT LEAST HERE IN PR THERE ARE FEW AREAS WHERE YOU NEED 200MPH. I HAVE LOST A NUMBER OF COPS HERE ALREADY WITH OUT HAVING TO DO MORE THAN AN EASY 145MPH. THIS BIKE IS SO GREAT AT THE STOCK SETTINGS. I AGREE WITH ONE GUY OUT THERE THAT THE K&N FILTER DOESNT DO SHIT. I TOOK IT OFF.+ IT DOESN'T SEEM TO SEAL PROPERLY. I LOVE MY QUIET STOCK PIPES. YOU CAN HARDLY HEAR THE ENGINE AT HIGH SPEED. MY FRIEND THAT HAD THE SUPER HAWK NOW HAS THE 2006 KAW NINJA X10. YES ITS CLOSER TO 200MPH BUT GUESS WHAT. I AM ALWAYS IN FRONT. ITS GEARED HIGH. 104MPH IN FIRST. I DO 2 SHIFTS TO 105. WE ARE NOW NECK AND NECK AND STARTS TO PASS. BUT NOW ITS TIME TO SLOW DOWN FOR TRAFFIC OR SAFTEY REASONS. I CAN STOP BETTER. THE HONDA IS HEAVIER, MORE STABLE AND THE LINKED BRAKE SYSTEM SLOWS YOU DOWN IN A HURRY. ANOTHER COOL THING IS SHE CAN RIDE 2 UP WITH COMFORT. I RODE A 245LB FAT BITCH ON THE BACK ACROSS THE ISLAND. WE HIT 155MPH ON A BRIDGE(NO POSSIBLE SIDE TRAFFIC) BEFORE SHE CHOKED ME OUT AND BEGAN BEATING MY CHEST. JUST AS WE HIT THAT OVERPASS UNDER FULL THROTTLE IN 3RD AT 115MPH THE FRONT END CAME UP A FOOT OR SO BUT REMAINED VERY STABLE AND SET DOWN AFTER THE RISE DISPITE ARE OVER WEIGHT CONDITION. WE SLOWED BACK DOWN TO 100MPH FOR THE REST OF THE TRIP AND IT TRULY FELT LIKE YOU COULD JUMP OFF THE BIKE AND RUN ALONG SIDE OF IT. AT 100 IN 6TH YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE JUST IDLING . IF ANYTHING I WOULD CONSIDER TO DROP A TOOTH IN THE FRONT OR ADD A COUPLE IN THE BACK. UNLESS YOU ARE ON THE SALT FLATS OR A CLOSED CIRCUIT, 200MPH IS NOT A GREAT IDEA. THE REAL FUN IS BETWEEN 20 AND 155. CRACK THIS BIRD AT 20 AND SHE GOES FORWARD STRAIGHT AND TRUE WITH THE FRONT NOT FAR ABOVE THE TAR. ITS NOT HOW FAST SHE'LL GO IN THE RARE 2 MILE FULL THROTTLE RUNS. ITS HOW QUICKLY YOU CAN SPEED UP AND SLOW DOWN IN TERMS OF RIDING IN TRAFFIC. WE CAN SPLIT THE LANES HERE AT ANY SPEED. I AM NOW 48 AND I FEEL LIKE A KID IN A CANDY STORE. I RUN WITH THE BUSAS,NINJAS NO PROB. THEY PAID $12000 OR MORE, I PAID $3500 + A $1500 BIKE THAT I DIDNT WANT ANY MORE. YOU SAY YOU WANT 200MPH. I SAY YOUR ASKING FOR IT. GO AHEAD JUST ADD NITRUS AND A $6000 MITSUBI TURBO AND BURN THAT BITCH UP. IT SHOULD DO ABOUT 250MPH WITH A HIGH BOOST SETTING. I PLAN ON RIDING MY XX FOR MANY MORE TROUBLE FREE MILES. I HAVE 22,000 MILES ALREADY MOST OF WHICH IS ALL AT 100MPH + WITH A NINJA ON MY TAIL... GOOD LUCK, MANNY---

That is a major eye burner i couldnt even read the whole thing, must have auto caps.

HERE IS MY TAKE ON THIS 200MPH SHIT. I HAVE BEEN RIDING BIKES SINCE I WAS 14 YEARS OLD. THE FIRST WAS A BLACK HONDA 90.(1965) PUT A STRAIGHT PIPE ON IT AND IT WOULD HIT 65 OR SO.(8 HP) SOUNDED COOL AND WAS REALLY FUN TO RIDE. I WAS HOOKED. THEN A HODAKA 100 SUPER RAT CAME MY WAY. IT WAS MY FIRST 2 STROKE. I WAS VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE SOUND AND THE POWER. IT WAS GREAT FOR TRAIL RIDING. WHEN I GOT MY LICENCE AT 16 I WAS READY FOR THE ROAD AND GOT A GOOD DEAL ON A USED HONDA CB 350. IT WAS A FLAT POWER BAND COMPARED TO THE 2 STROKES AND DID PRETTY WELL RIGHT UP TO AROUND 90MPH. MY DREAM BIKE AS A KID WAS DEVELOPED BY WATCHING A LOCAL GUY DOING...

Dude! Let me get you a cup of decaf, alright?

HERE IS MY TAKE ON THIS 200MPH SHIT. I HAVE BEEN RIDING BIKES SINCE I WAS 14 YEARS OLD. THE FIRST WAS A BLACK HONDA 90.(1965) PUT A STRAIGHT PIPE ON IT AND IT WOULD HIT 65 OR SO.(8 HP) SOUNDED COOL AND WAS REALLY FUN TO RIDE. I WAS HOOKED. THEN A HODAKA 100 SUPER RAT CAME MY WAY. IT WAS MY FIRST 2 STROKE. I WAS VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE SOUND AND THE POWER. IT WAS GREAT FOR TRAIL RIDING. WHEN I GOT MY LICENCE AT 16 I WAS READY FOR THE ROAD AND GOT A GOOD DEAL ON A USED HONDA CB 350. IT WAS A FLAT POWER BAND COMPARED TO THE 2 STROKES AND DID PRETTY WELL RIGHT UP TO AROUND 90MPH. MY DREAM BIKE AS A KID WAS DEVELOPED BY WATCHING A LOCAL GUY DOING...

Dude! Let me get you a cup of decaf, alright?

Thanks man. I needed a vallium. Please forgive me...

Nice to see a Puerto Rican on the forum. My mom and her Catholic siblings are from the island. I've been there a couple times, stick around, you'll like this place. Plus, if you learn to turn off the all caps, the other members will love reading your stuff.

Nice to see a Puerto Rican on the forum. My mom and her Catholic siblings are from the island. I've been there a couple times, stick around, you'll like this place. Plus, if you learn to turn off the all caps, the other members will love reading your stuff.

I was out of it. Up all night. Couldn't see well so the caps came in handy for me. Thanks for correcting me...

Wasn't a eye burner for me.

I am almost blind in the morning. Especially before the coffee has sunk in. :icon_biggrin:

I just figured it was written for the old farts. :icon_razz:

Don't blame you. I look at this shit I wrote and cringed... I just turned 48 today. Does that qualify for old fart status??? I started celebrating early. Didn't mean to waste space on your fun website. I have only seen 2 Blackbirds here and when I found this site I went crazy. :icon_twisted:

I haven't been to PR in years. I miss traveling.

Welcome.

48 is not really old, but neither is 64. I am actually only 47, but the Fart portion probably fits. :icon_lol:

You will love the bird, and this site. Congrats on the birthday.

Craig