CBR1100XX.org Forum

30 day challenge

Redd

Down a total of 6 lbs this morning. (That's another 4 from last Thursday.) All of it so far strictly from not eating as much (esp. at night) and from avoiding sugar and junk food carbs. Though it's a good and necesary start, I can't lose a lot more this way, and am going to have to make the time to start exercising ASAP. It'd help if we'd get some decent weather. That 70 degree crap you folks keep mentioning seems pretty balmy to someone who hasn't seen 60 in quite a while.

Hang in there Fuzz!!! Great loss Exskibum! :icon_biggrin:

Deaconxx---->23 lbs----------(14.2lbs)---------8.8 lbs lost.

DBLXX------->78 lbs------------(70lbs)-----------8 lbs lost.

Hrgirl--------->20 lbs----------(14 lbs)-----------6 lbs lost.

Exskibum----->20 lbs----------(14lbs)-----------6 lbs lost.

Flitemdic------>15 lbs---------(9.4 lbs)----------5.6 lbs lost.

Richardcranium ?? lbs---------(?? lbs)-----------4 lbs lost.

Airbornexx---->8 lbs-----------(5lbs)------------3 lbs lost.

Redd------------>7 lbs----------(4.5lbs)----------2.5 lbs lost.

XXtailweight---->8 lbs----------(6lbs)------------2 lbs lost.

Joelmikel------>15 lbs----------(13lbs)-----------2 bs lost.

Squareman-->18 lbs------------(18lbs)-----------0 lbs lost.

Fuzz---------->15 lbs------------(15lbs)-----------0 lbs lost.

Obby--------->13.5 lbs----------(13.5lbs)---------0 lbs lost.

TFT------------>4 lbs-------------(4lbs)------------0 lbs lost.

St.pete-------->20 lbs------------(20lbs)----------0 lbs lost.

Barry G------->13 lbs------------(13lbs)----------0 lbs lost.

Slfxx----------->23 lbs----------- (23lbs)----------0 lbs lost.

Hobicus-------->20 lbs------------(20lbs)----------0 lbs lost.

Fonzie---------->32 lbs------------(32lbs)----------0 lbs lost.

Obby----------->15 lbs------------(15lbs)----------0 lbs lost.

Organdonor--->98 lbs------------ (98lbs)--------- 0 lbs lost.

Kryptkeeper--->20 lbs-------------(20lbs)----------0 lbs lost.

Beondwacko--->12 lbs-------------(12lbs)----------0 lbs lost.

EVLXX---------->15 lbs-------------(15lbs)----------0 lbs lost.

Mikey----------->4 lbs--------------(4lbs)-----------0 lbs lost.

254.8 this a.m........so a whopping 2lbs from start......little over 6lbs. since Monday.

I forgot about weigh in today........stopped and got milkshake to settle stomach on cab ride home from Cincy last night.....had heartburn :icon_whistle:

OK...didn't forget about everyone...just haven't been on in a while.

Here's some info on good foods to eat to help loose bodyfat. Also...try to increase your meal frequency to 5-6 times a day. This will help increase your metabolism since as we age..it slows.

Also, typically it take 6-8 weeks to see change. The body take about a month to get used to whatever eating program you are on...of course you want to try to be consistant.

A good book to read is Body For Life by Bill Philips. It's a good breakdown of what to do in lamens (sp?) terms.

Carbohydrates

Plenty of clean carbohydrates are necessary. Examples are:

• Oatmeal

• Whole grain products; breads, cereals and pastas etc

• Brown rice

• Legumes

• Fruits

• Vegetables such as any green and orange vegetables

Protein

Protein, the building blocks of our muscles. Examples are:

• Chicken breast

• Turkey breast

• Lean cuts of beef and lamb

• Fish of all kind, though don't be afraid of fatty fish such as salmon

• Milk

• Protein powders

• Cottage cheese

• Eggs

Fats

Fats. Necessary for life, testosterone production and muscle gain. Examples of healthy fats are:

• Fish

• Fish oil

• Flaxseed oil

• Natural peanut butter

• Nuts and seeds

• Lecithin granules

Key Point:

Muscle weighs more than fat. Training will strengthen and reshape a woman's body, and she may weigh slightly more than before she started training. However, the scale weight is not nearly as significant as a woman's body composition.

Indeed, an untrained or improperly trained woman weighing 130 lbs. may be 30% body fat, almost 40 lbs. of fat. The same properly trained woman may weigh 132 lbs. but with only 20% body fat and she'll look terrific!

Women who are effectively training should not simply depend on the scale. If you need to have your progress quantified, aside from the increase in strength you'll be showing, consider having body fat measurements done every month

To lose bodyfat...you need to exercise and have a slight calorie deficit. Take your current weight and multiply it time 10-12 and that is how many calories per day you should be eating.

ie.. If you weight 200 lbs...this would equate to 2400 calories per day.

It is very important not to starve yourself...this will make your body go into starvation mode which will pretty much stop all progress. Your body won't turn into the fat burning machine it could possibly be.

Here's a link to some bodyfat calculators... http://www.leanandstrong.com/calc.html

Then you take that number and convert it to grams of food per meal.

So if you eat 6 times a day (every 2 1/2 to 3 hours) and you start with a 40% carb/40% protein/20% fat breakdown...this is how you calculate it....

note: there are 4 calories per gram of carbs, 4 calories per gram of protein, and 9 calories per gram of fat.

2400 x .40 = 960 calories carbs (ideally...these should be complex carbs, not simple carbs)

-simple carbs...the more processed the food is...the more of a simple carb it is.

2400 x .40 = 960 calories protein

2400 x .20 = 480 calories fat

then take these number to get grams of food...

C: 960 / 4 = 240 grams

P: 960 / 4 = 240 grams

F: 480 / 9 = 53.3 grams

now break it down to per meal...

C: 240 grams / 6 = 40 grams per meal

P: 240 grams / 6 = 40 grams per meal

F: 53.3 grams / 6 = 8.9 grams per meal

So for instance...a 6 ounce chicken breast is about 32 grams of protein and a couple grams of fat. An egg is interesting....it has 6 grams of fat and 6 grams of protein per egg. The white has 3 grams of protein and NO fat. Guess what the yoke has...plus it has all that colesterol.

Good luck...hope this helps....

Also, use words like "I will..." do something rather than "when I..." . Be positive, be consistant. Remember..the bad food aren't always bad if the are taken in moderation...but if you can avoid them...you will see more change faster.

In 2001 I weighed 182 and had 18% bodyfat....I was sick and tired of having that gut...so I went on a pre-contest bodybuilding diet for 17 straight weeks. I was extreme...no sugar, no nothing that would throw me off track. I weight trained, did cardio 5 days a week first thing in the morning on an empty stomach for 40-60 minutes, and ate clean. In 17 weeks, I dropped to 9% bodyfat and weighed 145 lbs. Now I have gain muscle mass slowly over the past couple years and I think my weight is around 165-170 (not sure of this...don't use a scale much) and around 12% bodyfat. My goal is to be around 6% by summer.

Adjustment for Fonz.

Congrats on the loss!

Redd------------>7 lbs----------(4.5lbs)----------2.5 lbs lost.

Joelmikel------>15 lbs----------(13lbs)-----------2 bs lost.

Fonzie---------->32 lbs----------(30lbs)----------2 lbs lost.

Mikey----------->4 lbs--------------(4lbs)-----------0 lbs lost.

:icon_clap: Your cruisin! I weighed in this morn as well, and see that I have lost 3.5 pounds as well! Woot woot for me! I was going to keep this my goal after I lose this pound....but I may have to drop my goal another 5 pounds if I keep losing at this rate.

Joelmikel------>15 lbs-----------(9lbs)-----------6 bs lost.

Redd------------>7 lbs----------(1lbs)------------6 lbs lost.

Well this sux but I said I post em so here goes. I finished my 90 day program though I am going to continue the workouts for the time being until I figure out something else. I wasn't real strict with diet. I tried to use common sense eating with the occasional splurge for a cheeseburger or something. I cut out almost all junk food and stuff like regular sodas and french fries. All in all I did fairly well but still have a lot of work to do.

I started day 1 at 209lbs and 39.5" waist. Today was 196lbs and 37" waist. I'm not sure if I am measuring the waist right but I did it the same every time so at least the difference is there.

The pics are day1, day30, day60 and day 90. I took pics of Otto too just for giggles. He went from about 12lbs to 55+lbs.

IPB Image

Well this sux but I said I post em so here goes. I finished my 90 day program though I am going to continue the workouts for the time being until I figure out something else. I wasn't real strict with diet. I tried to use common sense eating with the occasional splurge for a cheeseburger or something. I cut out almost all junk food and stuff like regular sodas and french fries. All in all I did fairly well but still have a lot of work to do.

I started day 1 at 209lbs and 39.5" waist. Today was 196lbs and 37" waist. I'm not sure if I am measuring the waist right but I did it the same every time so at least the difference is there.

The pics are day1, day30, day60 and day 90. I took pics of Otto too just for giggles. He went from about 12lbs to 55+lbs.

Good job. I would say your loss could have been more substantial if you really watch your eating program.

Just so you don't think I'm full of sh*t...I thought I'd post my pictures from 2001 when I made my big body transformation.

IPB Image

Keep at it. If you would like some help..I more than willing to try if you'd like.

Brett, you look great! You can see the muscle definition in your back and chest. Your belly is flat too. Excellent pics! Nexxt time you have to pose in boxer briefs... :icon_lol: Holy cow, did Otto get Big!!

Tyzo...you look like a completely different guy! It only took you 3 months for that transformation! Excellent job, you look great. How have you been maintaining?

Good job. I would say your loss could have been more substantial if you really watch your eating program.

Just so you don't think I'm full of sh*t...I thought I'd post my pictures from 2001 when I made my big body transformation.

http://home.comcast.net/~v60_mille/mypicts..._challenge1.jpg

Keep at it. If you would like some help..I more than willing to try if you'd like.

Great job. That is quite the transformation.

My diet was really not too bad. I started out monitoring everything I took in but then sorta slacked on that. Oddly enough I noticed on a lot of days I wasn't eating enough cals. I didn't splurge very often but when I did I would usually see that I dropped a few pounds as if my metabolism were in a holding pattern due to not eating enough cals. and when it got what it wanted it kicked in. For the most part everything we eat is low fat chicken and super lean beef. I also cut out beer almost completely. I did have one or two a few times over the past 3 months. I think my diet is pretty good without being so strict that I feel like I am really sacrificing a lot. If I start more heavy strength training I'll probably try to pay more attention to my protein intake. I also have to watch carbs because I am a bread/cracker addict.

Brett, you look great! You can see the muscle definition in your back and chest. Your belly is flat too. Excellent pics! Nexxt time you have to pose in boxer briefs... :icon_lol: Holy cow, did Otto get Big!!

Tyzo...you look like a completely different guy! It only took you 3 months for that transformation! Excellent job, you look great. How have you been maintaining?

As stated in my previous post...I'm at around 165-170 lbs and around 12% BF. I plan on being aroun 6% by summer without loosing much weight.

I've grown a lot in the last couple years..put on around 15 lbs of lean muscle mass. My goal is not to be huge...just a little bigger but strong. Ideally...would like to be 175ish and 6% BF. But keeping that low BF all year round isn't realistic.

updating stats..great job with the loss Flitemdic....hang in there...you will see a difference soon. It takes about 10 pounds to drop a pant size depending where your fat is distributed...if you have a larger waist and more pounds are stored there it may take more. The first place your body gained the weight at, will be the last place you will lose it from.

DBLXX------->78 lbs------------(72lbs)-----------6 lbs lost.

Flitemdic------>15 lbs---------(6.2 lbs)----------8.8 lbs lost.

Good news! I'm finally down 1.5 pounds more. Now weighing in at 222lb. I know it's not alot, but I was stuck at 223.5 after originally losing close to 14lbs. So my total loss is actually 15.5lbs, but for this 30-day challenge only 1.5 pounds.

I think it was the after 7pm eating and a little more cardio exercise that is helping.

Awesome Obby!

DBLXX------->78 lbs------------(72lbs)-----------6 lbs lost.

Flitemdic------>15 lbs---------(6.2 lbs)----------8.8 lbs lost.

Obby--------->13.5 lbs----------(12lbs)---------1.5 lbs lost.

Great job. That is quite the transformation.

My diet was really not too bad. I started out monitoring everything I took in but then sorta slacked on that. Oddly enough I noticed on a lot of days I wasn't eating enough cals. I didn't splurge very often but when I did I would usually see that I dropped a few pounds as if my metabolism were in a holding pattern due to not eating enough cals. and when it got what it wanted it kicked in. For the most part everything we eat is low fat chicken and super lean beef. I also cut out beer almost completely. I did have one or two a few times over the past 3 months. I think my diet is pretty good without being so strict that I feel like I am really sacrificing a lot. If I start more heavy strength training I'll probably try to pay more attention to my protein intake. I also have to watch carbs because I am a bread/cracker addict.

When I made my transformation...I was strict...mainly because I did not want to cut for longer than I needed too. One phrase I used was "cheat just once and it will put you back a week" this alone keep me on track. I would use a food journal to keep me honest.

My percentage split was 50%P/40%C/10%F. Protein...try to be at 1.5 to 2 times your bodyweight in grams per day. Drink .66 times your bodyweight in water...this will also help flush the toxins that are created from the extra amounts of protein and help matabolise more fat.

I did cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach...I really believe this works better than doing cardio after you have eaten something. The theory is...you fast all night long so all you can burn as fuel when doing cardio is fat. I used a fat burner also...Hydroxycut (I know someone was asking about this in another thread). Fat burners only work if your diet is right...don't take them if you are cheating..they won't help at all.

Make sure you eat enough..you don't want your body to go into starvation mode...plus you need the calories to help fuel your muscles and to build muscle mass. 12 times you body weight in calories per day to cut, 15 times to maintain, and 18 times to bulk...this is just a starting point.

I would carb deplete for two days every other week...do this on day you don't need a lot of mental capacity since the lack of carbs will do that to you. This will really get thing going. Don't do it more than this as it's not a good long term solution.

Make sure you stay away from high calorie foods such as most dairy products, all alcohol, etc. Eat complex carbs...stay away from anything processed...the more processed it is the more of a sugar it is. Cerial is like eating pure sugar since it is very processed...and bread too. If you can cut these from your cutting diet...it will really help your progress. It's actually that sugar is much worse for you than fat when it comes to cutting.

You said above that if you start training heavy...you will pay more attention to protein...well this is half right...but you need carbs to build muscle...protein is used for recovery & repair. And good fats (essential fatty acids) will help you loose fat and produce more hormanes (if you are a man) which in turn will help build muscle.

Oh...another thing that will help people is to eat NO carbs after 6 pm. Since the body is starting to slow down at this time...it is hard to burn off the extra carbs at night. Fiberous vegetables are ok though...like romaine lettuce (no fatty dressings...I use a little lemon or vinegar and normally nothing at all) or green beens.

If you are going to eat right before bed...eat Protein. you body will dump the extra protein that is excess but if they are carbs...they get converted to glycogen and then fat.

If you are going to eat bad foods such a ice cream...your better off eating it for breakfast because it will at least give your body all day to try to burn it off.

Typically best to eat your starchy veges in the morning and fiberous in the afternoon.

Oh...and try to get 30-40 grams of fiber per day intake.

Here's an inspirational picture for those that are having trouble with motivation....

Amazing transformation.... IPB Image