CBR1100XX.org Forum

30 day challenge

Redd

Obby....let me know if I need to drop you some more....

Congrats on the loss Squareman!

Joelmikel------>15 lbs---------(1.5lbs)-----------13.5 bs lost.

Flitemdic------>15 lbs---------(2.4 lbs)----------12.6 lbs lost.

Deaconxx---->23 lbs----------(12lbs)------------11 lbs lost.

DBLXX------->78 lbs-----------(72lbs)-----------6 lbs lost.

Hrgirl--------->20 lbs----------(14 lbs)-----------6 lbs lost.

Exskibum----->20 lbs----------(14lbs)-----------6 lbs lost.

Redd------------>7 lbs----------(1lbs)------------6 lbs lost.

Squareman-->18 lbs-----------(13lbs)-----------5 lbs lost.

Airbornexx---->8 lbs-----------(3lbs)------------5 lbs lost.

Obby--------->13.5 lbs----------(9lbs)-----------4.5 lbs lost.

Richardcranium ?? lbs---------(?? lbs)-----------4 lbs lost.

XXtailweight---->8 lbs----------(6lbs)------------2 lbs lost.

Fonzie---------->32 lbs----------(30lbs)----------2 lbs lost.

EVLXX---------->15 lbs----------(14lbs)----------1 lbs lost.

Fuzz---------->15 lbs------------(15lbs)-----------0 lbs lost.

TFT------------>4 lbs-------------(4lbs)------------0 lbs lost.

St.pete-------->20 lbs------------(20lbs)----------0 lbs lost.

Barry G------->13 lbs------------(13lbs)----------0 lbs lost.

Slfxx----------->23 lbs----------- (23lbs)----------0 lbs lost.

Hobicus-------->20 lbs------------(20lbs)----------0 lbs lost.

Obby----------->15 lbs------------(15lbs)----------0 lbs lost.

Organdonor--->98 lbs------------ (98lbs)--------- 0 lbs lost.

Kryptkeeper--->20 lbs-------------(20lbs)----------0 lbs lost.

Beondwacko--->12 lbs-------------(12lbs)----------0 lbs lost.

Obby....let me know if I need to drop you some more....

Congrats on the loss Squareman!

Obby--------->13.5 lbs----------(9lbs)-----------4.5 lbs lost.

Obby----------->15 lbs------------(15lbs)----------0 lbs lost.

When I started the 30 day challenge, I was 223.5lbs. Now 217lbs. So the loss here would be 6.5 lbs total (I'm happy with it :icon_biggrin: ).

Ps. Redd, you have me listed twice. You can delete the last Obby on you list.

Thanks!

Awww come on! Why cant we have two Obby's? lol

Obby--------->13.5 lbs---------(7lbs)-----------6.5 lbs lost.

Just weighed in this morning. 213.5lbs :icon_dance: . I've started exercising more. Mostly cardio seems to be doing the trick. That and portion size, lean meat, less eating out, ect. 10lbs lost since we started this thread.

-Obby

Just weighed in this morning. 213.5lbs :icon_dance: . I've started exercising more. Mostly cardio seems to be doing the trick. That and portion size, lean meat, less eating out, ect. 10lbs lost since we started this thread.

-Obby

Redd... Redd... Where are you? I'm not kidding. I lost 10 big.

Nothing but silence :icon_sad:

Im back! Sorry for the delay!

Obby...your cruisin! Congrats Joel! Only a half pound left!!!

Joelmikel------>15 lbs---------(.5lbs)-----------14.5 bs lost.

Obby--------->13.5 lbs---------(3.5lbs)-----------10 lbs lost.

I will take you off the list....and BTW I think you look fine. :icon_evilgrin:

Fruit is great for weighloss, especially Raspberries, eat plenty of them! Stay away from Brocolli, I heard it can make you gay. :icon_lol:

25 lbs to lose. 8 lbs so far, 17 to go. Then the wife will buy a new set of leathers. I have had to buy a new jacket in the meantime for TBME though. Got it for 50 % off, too hard to pass up.

Down another 2.5lbs. I had to go buy new work clothes. My pants were falling off and shirts look like circus tents on me :icon_dance: .

I was down 3.5, but gained a pound back over the long weekend. Damn barbeque!

Oh well, very happy with my progress.

Is the 30-Days up? :icon_eh:

• 3 weeks later...

Down another 2.5lbs. I had to go buy new work clothes. My pants were falling off and shirts look like circus tents on me :icon_dance: .

I was down 3.5, but gained a pound back over the long weekend. Damn barbeque!

Oh well, very happy with my progress.

Is the 30-Days up? :icon_eh:

I've finally hit my goal of 210lbs. Took me a bit, but the TBME sure helped. When I got back, the first thing she said is... Did you lose more weight :icon_razz: . I weight in at the 210lbs I mentioned. I said it must have been all those twistied and wheelies that did it :icon_rolleyes: . I had too much fun on the roller coaster section :icon_rolleyes: .

Regards,

Obbs

I hit my goal of 215.

Officially I'm down 34 pounds since the start of the year.

My new goal is 210 and cut up a bit.

I have NO clothes that fit anymore. What a fat fuck I was. Dammit...

This has been a complete life style change for me. Exercise almost every day, eat lots of fruits and veggies, stopped drinking soda, don't eat my weekly bag of doritos or peanut butter M&Ms.... very low sugar intake, high protein intake.

This week the wife has been out of town and I have eaten like shit... there is no food in the house so I have been ordering pizza and eating subway. Gawd, i can't wait til she comes home and starts taking care of my eating habits again.

I hit my goal of 215.

Officially I'm down 34 pounds since the start of the year.

My new goal is 210 and cut up a bit.

I have NO clothes that fit anymore. What a fat fuck I was. Dammit...

This has been a complete life style change for me. Exercise almost every day, eat lots of fruits and veggies, stopped drinking soda, don't eat my weekly bag of doritos or peanut butter M&Ms.... very low sugar intake, high protein intake.

This week the wife has been out of town and I have eaten like shit... there is no food in the house so I have been ordering pizza and eating subway. Gawd, i can't wait til she comes home and starts taking care of my eating habits again.

Congrats! Great work there. I know it's not easy.

My total loss is 25lbs. All my jeans fall right off. Only some of my dress pants fit.

Dieting is expensive. No wonder the poor are fat. If I was broke, I would be.

A big bag of Cheeto's and twinkies are 2~3 bucks. Fills you up for most the day.

A healthy breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner costs me 5 time that at least. But do I look and feel better? Oh yeah!

My 2 cents...

• 1 month later...

An update since I decided to really loose some weight

On the 3rd week of June I went up to 232, pants were getting really tight and I did not want to spend $$ on new clothes, you never know what will motivate you to do something.

On August 7th I was at 209! 23 lbs. that is some progress. It started with riding a bike, the one with no motor. It's not fun, but it beats the fuck out of running. Where I live you can either ride about 1 mile or as many miles as you want, just the same 1 mile if you want to avoid hills. So the hills it is, down them at first then back up the bastards. all I can say is I could just feel my pants getting looser and looser, belt notches changing and shirts fitting looser.

I have lost weight in the past and gained it back, with never achieving my goal, 190. Now I am working away from home and living in a hotel, putting in 16 hours days, now the weight will come off with stress... this should only last another month, so I can get back on the bike and break below 200, 19 lbs to go

• 2 weeks later...

On the 3rd week of June I went up to 232, pants were getting really tight and I did not want to spend $$ on new clothes, you never know what will motivate you to do something.

LOL, that's what inspired me too, being cheap and refusing to go up to a 42 inch dress pants size. People ask me how I have the disipline too keep losing weight (started at 235 - now 195), I tell them that it all started with refusing to go up another size in pants, then I just couldn't go back to the way I use to eat. I do miss some of the things I use to eat, but I cheat here and there, just not everyday. Balance.

I like you're bike riding idea, sounds fun. I hate running too. I've been doing long distance walking during my lunch hour at work and a sh't load of chores at home.

-Obby

LOL, that's what inspired me too, being cheap and refusing to go up to a 42 inch dress pants size. People ask me how I have the disipline too keep losing weight (started at 235 - now 195), I tell them that it all started with refusing to go up another size in pants, then I just couldn't go back to the way I use to eat. I do miss some of the things I use to eat, but I cheat here and there, just not everyday. Balance.

I like you're bike riding idea, sounds fun. I hate running too. I've been doing long distance walking during my lunch hour at work and a sh't load of chores at home.

-Obby

• 3 weeks later...

Uhh. I'm kinda off the South Beach Diet, but I'm still losing weight. When I say that, I mean, I'm cheating with some 'bad carbs' and 'take out food' from time to time. I'm down to 197 now.

It's been slow going, like about a pound a week at best. I'm really not exercising much, unless you consider running around at work 24/7 exercise.

Anyways, I noticed I'm eating less (at least my wife did), and I feel fuller faster.

I still miss the NY steaks, filet minion, prime rib, tri-tip, baked potato's, all on the barbi :icon_drool: ect... but I can live with the alternatives for a while.

Anywho, How is everyone else doing? Any updates?

Down to 192 today. Running and/or lifting almost every day. Living by myself now, I don't have red vines, chocolate and other empty snack carbs in the house. Getting down to and staying between 173 and 179 is my goal, and I expect to be there and strong by the time the lifts open. If it wasn't so smoky here today, I'd planned to do my usual 56 or 57 minute run and had hoped to see the scale show something south of 190 when I got back (yeah, I know that'd be water loss, but it's kinda like a golf handicap -- you see it once and know that it won't be long before it's the norm on the way even lower).

Kinda like Steve, one of my motivations is that I have a lot of clothes that fit me at my target weight, including some nice stuff I bought 3 years ago and don't want to replace. Never thought I'd backslide again, but I was around 200 most of 2006. Main motivation is feeling good, sense of well being, warding off depression, enhanced energy, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Damn, broke the 200 mark today!

198! First time since I was in my mid 20's have I been below 200!

That is completely awesome. You are my hero; I would kill to break into the 200lbs range again!

Related subject:

Today, I joined a 4-man team at work in a company-wide "Weight-Loss" contest as part of the United Way campaign drive.

Teams were weighed today, and will be weighed again at the end of the month. The team that looses the highest percentage of weight will win various sundry prizes.

The weigh-in was a fucking riot (well... sorta): what they did was have all teams meet at the shipping warehouse dock, where we had to all climb onto one of those massive freight scales (the floor of the scale was 5'x5'! :icon_eek: ) to get one total combined weight.

Before stepping on the scale, the four of us were joking around, teasing each other that our combined weight would break into the 4-digit range.

We stopped laughing when we watched the digital reading climb and climb and climb....... holy fucking shit, 936.3lbs, combined! :icon_confused::icon_confused::icon_confused::icon_confused:

Our goal is to at least get below 900lbs combined.... somewhere in the 880-890 range would be a feat, given that all four of us are software engineers, sitting in front of a computer all day. Adding to the challenge is that, while two of our team members are in there late 20's, I'm the second oldest at 48, the 4th member is 51. Y'all know how relatively easy it is to lose weight in your 20's.. and how difficult it can be for the post-40 crowd.... :icon_wall:

Anyway, this should be good.... :icon_neutral:

Damn, broke the 200 mark today!

198! First time since I was in my mid 20's have I been below 200!

That is completely awesome. You are my hero; I would kill to break into the 200lbs range again!

Related subject:

Today, I joined a 4-man team at work in a company-wide "Weight-Loss" contest as part of the United Way campaign drive.

Teams were weighed today, and will be weighed again at the end of the month. The team that looses the highest percentage of weight will win various sundry prizes.

The weigh-in was a fucking riot (well... sorta): what they did was have all teams meet at the shipping warehouse dock, where we had to all climb onto one of those massive freight scales (the floor of the scale was 5'x5'! :icon_eek: ) to get one total combined weight.

Before stepping on the scale, the four of us were joking around, teasing each other that our combined weight would break into the 4-digit range.

We stopped laughing when we watched the digital reading climb and climb and climb....... holy fucking shit, 936.3lbs, combined! :icon_confused::icon_confused::icon_confused::icon_confused:

Our goal is to at least get below 900lbs combined.... somewhere in the 880-890 range would be a feat, given that all four of us are software engineers, sitting in front of a computer all day. Adding to the challenge is that, while two of our team members are in there late 20's, I'm the second oldest at 48, the 4th member is 51. Y'all know how relatively easy it is to lose weight in your 20's.. and how difficult it can be for the post-40 crowd.... :icon_wall:

Anyway, this should be good.... :icon_neutral:

Shoulda waited a few months to shave your head. :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Yesterday, I saw 188 on the scale after a run. Woke up at 190 this morning (after a weekend of drinking with other FJR owners in Red Bluff and Fortuna). Getting there.