CBR1100XX.org Forum

My XX finally let me down

JB4XX

Riding home after a fourteen hour shift, the middle of rush hour, where three interstates converge...she begins to miss...then sputter...then lose power as I make my way across three lanes of traffic to reach the emergancy lane as she sputters and dies.

Time to sell her... :icon_frown:

The bird is getting old guys..... I mentioned this on Saturday to the others. Some...10 years old. Since Honda is not making them anymore....and no one is buying new ones... they are going to start failing.

Sorry...it's gonna happen.

How did you get it home and what do you think it is ?

How does a lack of production cause more failures?

Parts will be available for this bike until every last one is either totaled or worn out. Just be glad you don't own a ZX-11, FZ1 ect... then you'd need to worry about failures. All my problems on my XX have been induced by my own dumb ass.

Did you consider vapor lock? Had the tank off recently?

The bird is getting old guys..... ...10 years old. Since Honda is not making them anymore....and no one is buying new ones... they are going to start failing.

Honda still makes them, and still sells them. Just not in the USA/Canada.....

Last year it was the top selling sports-tourer in it's class in Australia.....

After I pulled over I tried restarting but wasnt getting anything. I choked it and it would run very rough and die as soon as I gave it any throttle. I opened the tank and verified there was fuel, and vented to make sure I wasnt having an "Aprilla Moment". I then waited in the 40 degrees for about five minutes in case of some strange vapor lock and no luck...

How does a lack of production cause more failures?

Parts will be available for this bike until every last one is either totaled or worn out. Just be glad you don't own a ZX-11, FZ1 ect... then you'd need to worry about failures. All my problems on my XX have been induced by my own dumb ass.

Did you consider vapor lock? Had the tank off recently?

Hey boy wonder....means people can't get new ones, the old ones are getting older, and old usually requires more repair.

"Parts will be available for this bike until every last one is either totaled or worn out. Just be glad you don't own a ZX-11, FZ1 ect... then you'd need to worry about failures. All my problems on my XX have been induced by my own dumb ass."

WOW this simply is not true. Honda makes virtually NO parts anymore for my 87' Magna. It seems like more and more parts are getting discontinued every day. My magna as well as hundreds of other 87/88 Magnas are still running very very strong but Honda sems to have forgotten that they ever produced such a motorcycle.

Now I have a 10yr old XX and am starting to worry that parts will quickly begin to become discontinued for it it

Mine might leak gas but it never stops running.

How well was it running with the tank not vented??

About as well as mine was when the HOSE SLIPPED OFF MY PETCOCK. :icon_redface:

Used the tools to remove the tank bolts, lefted it up and saw the hose laying there. Quick prayer saying "I hope that was all ready off before I lifted the tank." Hooked it up, dropped the tank, cranked 10 secs and fired right up. Bolted tank back down and was on the road again in maybe 15 minutes total.

:icon_mrgreen:

Give ya 5 bucks for it.

:icon_evilgrin:

The Mega sticker finally is not enough... knew you wanted a real bike.

Nah, I was just trying to help a friend out by taking his broke bike off his hands...

I will be due for a new sticker by the end of May though!

:icon_dance: