CBR1100XX.org Forum

Fuel Injector Cleaner.

Whitey

OK stupid question, what is "Seafoam" and where can I get it?

Never mind, did a search of it and went to the Seafoam site.

Sounds like serious stuff. I'll have to ride out and get some.

During a long freeway run I was noticing some hesitation during gentle roll-ons. At first I though it was one of those ignition mapping problems some bikes have but decided to try a shot of fuel injection cleaner to see if it would help. I was out in the middle of nowhere and just bought a generic can off the shelf and poured 1/2 of it in with the fill-up. No more hesitation!!! I havn't tried the Seafoam but it may be a better choice for on-going maintanence in the future.

Just fill up using any gas sold in the United States.

Government has regs that the oil companies have to meet.

One is that there is a cleaner included with the gas that is sold.

If you have hesitation, you may have gotten a tank of bad gas.

Drain it and fill up with Chrevron. If the injectors are not already

clogged, this should clean things up.

From a car standpoint, BG stuff is awesome. Seen excellent results many times. I also know lots of guys in the business who swear by a little ATF in the fuel and the oil. Never done it myself. Also, go to a Goodwrench dealer and pick up some Top Engine Cleaner, stuff is cheap and kicks ass! Don't need much though . .

SeaFoam -or- BG 44K...

I have a hell of a time finding the SeaFoam out here, so.... I use the BG product. Still looking for the Seafoam though. :wink:

Checker, my man... I know for a fact that the Checker and the Autozone in Parker carried it... At least they did back in ay when I still lived there. :lol:

SeaFoam -or- BG 44K...

I have a hell of a time finding the SeaFoam out here, so.... I use the BG product. Still looking for the Seafoam though. :wink:

Checker, my man... I know for a fact that the Checker and the Autozone in Parker carried it... At least they did back in ay when I still lived there. :lol:

Up in Idaho they just pee on the tank ... who are you trying to fool?

SeaFoam -or- BG 44K...

Thanks Ray,

Well I'll try there thanks.

We have both now in castleRock, but niether one carries it. :?

I guess I'll go over the hill. :D

SeaFoam -or- BG 44K...

Up in Idaho they just pee on the tank ... who are you trying to fool?

On the tank.... or in the tank.... because one is a leakage problem, and the other is just plan loony. :lol:

Tranny fluid in a tank of gas to clean the fuel system????????????????

I'm VERY leary of THAT.

Might as well dump some Marvel Mystery Oil in it. :?

Pete! I do car servicing on the side, mmmmmmmmmm! for about 20 years now, Tranny fluid works wonders, even more so GM top engine cleaner/choke cleaner (NOT TO BE MIXED IN TANK)

But if you really want to ponder on something wacky, The #1 way of really truly decoking an engine is water......

NOT a bucket full, a spray mist threw the intake will clean EVERY OUNCE of crap in ANY engine.

Pete! I do car servicing on the side, mmmmmmmmmm! for about 20 years now, Tranny fluid works wonders, even more so GM top engine cleaner/choke cleaner (NOT TO BE MIXED IN TANK)

But if you really want to ponder on something wacky, The #1 way of really truly decoking an engine is water......

NOT a bucket full, a spray mist threw the intake will clean EVERY OUNCE of crap in ANY engine.

Rotaries,or rx7s will build up couple pounds of carbon deposits when driven like a wuss.ATF and water injection are two well proven ways to get rid of that junk.Water injection trick is very easy to do on Rx7 since there is about 2 hundred vacum lines leading one way or another into intake manifold.Just unhook one of them and connect with ,,,,,,,,shoot glass full with water

I guess you could use curb/throttle balancing lines on the bike to perform the same trick on the bike.