CBR1100XX.org Forum

Help me spend some money.

SpokaneXX

I'm pretty sure I have my 954 sold and I'm thinking about spending up to maybe three large on my '01 'Bird. I may have a line on a Wilbers shock/spring set-up or I can get Penske goods at dealer cost...so other than deciding which way to go...I still may spend another 2 large after suspension.

The bike is 100% stock right now with the exception of VFR bars, thanks Wario, and Givi bags, thanks Juxxtin. I need to figure new tires into the budget. Looking at "bang for the buck" for sport orientated touring/canyon carving.

Your thoughts?

Thanks.

J

Knowing what I know ( not much ) about suspension I would get customized Penske from Traxxion.I would rather spend little more and get something that is custom made for me.I don`t belive in "one size fits all" as far as suspension.

I'll add a plug for Penske. I have an 8981 and it really transformed the bike's ride and performance. You won't regret buying one. Traxxion Dynamics and others offer the full Penske series.

.... spend it.

Save it.... and then buy the New Bird replacement next year.

... don't get me wrong the Birds a great bike... but what about a new one.

awwwww... probably just wishfull thinking on my part.

If I really believed Honda was going to give us a new 'Bird next year I would save it...but I quit believing in such things as this and Santa, and the Easter Bunny...

J

+1 what Joe said.

And...

D) Hookers. You always have your memories. And the genital warts.