CBR1100XX.org Forum

GN 4 v. HP 4

PGA XX

Is there a big difference besides HP being synthetic?

I was thumbing through my service manual and it recommends GN 4. :shock: Holy crap...I've been using HP.

Ron Ayers sells the GN for like $3, and the HP for $6. If the GN is what I'm supposed to be using, I'll save the money :grin:

2002 w/ 8800 mi.

Thanks, Lance

P.S.- Yes, I did research this topic and couldn't find anything on this, although I'm sure you guys are sick of the fucking oil questions :oops:

Try these:  

Oil Flame War #1  

Oil Flame War #2

Holy shit, I had no idea the old EZboard was still up. Just spent twenty or so minutes taking a stroll down memory lane.

Yes, I did research this topic and couldn't find anything on this, although I'm sure you guys are sick of the fucking oil questions :oops:

If we're going to have fun with this topic again, this should provide interesting reading: http://www.yft.org/tex_vfr/tech/oil.htm

I understand that the ST1300 guys are using Shell Rotella which is available for next to nothing at Wal-Mart.

Mobil 1 15w50

Yep that is what I use since I have owned the bike and have not had a problem. Walmart $18.88 for a 5 quart container.

Ken

Did GM put their truck chassis in any vans? I bought this one specifically because it's the truck drivetrain and chassis. Or maybe GM van buyers just beat the shit out of them. They were all junkers.