CBR1100XX.org Forum

Anybody using Clearalternatives integrated turn signals?

XXSIVSPD

I've got to find a way to get some good looking rear turn signals on my bird and am considering these.

http://www.shopserv3.com/Merchant2/merchan...Smoke.cbr1100xx

Anybody running them? Any comments about quality or ease of installation? Anybody have the smoke version (is it too dark)?

After chopping the stalks and mounting a pair of Lockhart Phillips signals in the openings on the sides of the tail, I picked up some beetle bags.

With the bags on my signals are completely useless and they are not much better than that with the bags off.

You are correct.

I have sold a few of the LED Integrated taillights to members here. Since I am also a distributor for Clear Alternatives, I have always offered .org members 20% off Clear Alternatives prices.

The lens offered on Ebay is a Clear Alternatives lens, in fact the pictures were taken off the C.A site.

If you look at the front turn signal lenses on the clear alternatives site you will see the picture I took of my Red Bird front lenses.

Any questions on Clear Alternatives stuff ? I can help you there.

You are correct.

I have sold a few of the LED Integrated taillights to members here. Since I am also a distributor for Clear Alternatives, I have always offered .org members 20% off Clear Alternatives prices.

Any questions on Clear Alternatives stuff ? I can help you there.

Thanks John! Good to know we've got a hook up! How tricky is the install? If it's not too tricky I would be game for ordering a kit.

I have the clear alternative taillight (integrated) on my bike as wel. Pretty straight forward and easy install with no cutting of the factory harness. I did drill two very tiny holes in my taillight housing to run the power leads for the LED's. Not a big deal. One thing tho is you will have to replace your stock flasher with a higher resistant one.

I spoke to Clear Alternatives when I did mine and they recommended a universal flasher unit from your local auto parts store. Just make sure it is three prong.

I decided to fork out the cash for this cause I am anal and wanted my underseat pretty.

http://www.customdynamics.com/honda_vtx_3_...n_connector.htm

demon,

They do not have them made up for the larger taillight, 99-2003

Tobin, the owner has made up three of them for me in the past, although

they were sold to members here as one off units so those few that have them won't be unique anymore if he makes up more ! But yes I am pretty sure I can get them made up again with a three day lead time.

I am checking today for another member who asked the same question.

Will post here cost this evening after I speak with Clear Alternatives.

Another option is to check with Joe, he had bought a few sets a while back from another source with a programable light pattern. He has one on his White Bird I am pretty sure.

I will post pricing here for the Clear Alternatives unit tonight.

OK Got the scoop on the Clear Alternatives Taillights with the rear signals integrated.

Choice of either Clear or Smoked lens.

99-03 Large Taillight has not been made due to the hassle according to Clr Alt. - Due to requests they are going to start making them up and stocking them as of next week.

The 97-98 is readily available.

Retail cost from Clr Alt. :

97-98 $94.99 - 20% = $75.99

99-03 $150.00 - 20% = $120.00

Members get the usual 20% off and $7.00 shipping in the US

Anyone got pic's of the intergrated signal tail light?

I been looking at them, plus the front clear lense with the chrome bulbs.

John is there any single filament bulbs chrome/orange for the front that would only have them light up when you hit the turn signal switch?

I know I ask alot of questions :lol:

I been looking at them, plus the front clear lense with the chrome bulbs.

John is there any single filament bulbs chrome/orange for the front that would only have them light up when you hit the turn signal switch?  

I know I ask alot of questions :lol:

Chrome bulbs power off.

DSC00512.jpg

Power on.

DSC00513.jpg

John01XX ;

If the 99-04' units are going to go into a limited production , I would love to get one. My question about it is that I was wondering are those LED units or regular lamp? If it's a "PC board" internally, w/led's ,,, count me IN !!!! If it's a LED replacement lamp,,,,, I'd stick with stock.

Please get back to me on this.

Thanks.

P.S.

It's sunday morning right now ,,, and I'll be heading to BeeLine in a little while ,,, what do I have to do to get yer arse out of FT. Lauderdale and come up here for a ride? Or do you have a better place for sunday morning get togethers / rides down there ?

I got a full set off of e-bay last week. I'm gonna install them today and post before and after pics. My tail light is LED, but it doesn't have integrated signals.

I've got one on mine. It works ok I've been told that the turnsignals are not all that visible. I also have turnsignals mounted inside the openings of the rear cowl. Did you see mine at NeXXt?

Do you have any pics of this set up??? I've got a mototek undertail and the turn signals are barely visible during the day.

• 2 weeks later...