CBR1100XX.org Forum

Did I get bent over?

DBLXXTC

Be easy on me...considering the price of shipping added to the price of mounting...did i get ripped off by paying 350.00 for a set of pilot roads from the "friendly neighborhood steeler" today...my dumb ass forgot to check the tire pressure before i took a group of soldiers on a long ride through central TX, as a result BOTH my front and rear tires were toast...seeing as though i did not want to wait a week etc etc blah blah blah, i decided to buy locally since as he put it...."mounting is free when you purchase your tires from us, if you bring in the tires we charge 60 a tire if still on the bike, or 30 per tire if you bring in the rims"...now that i have gone through the posts and check online, it seems as though they marked up the FUCKIN tire enough to cover mounting, creating the illusion that they are mounting them for free...damn i got scammed i think...but on the bright side I can hit the road bright and early on saturday...on a side note...the bike feels alot better with the pilots than with the OEM dunlops...WOW i was amazed it caught me off guard when i took my first corner after having the tires installed. :twisted:

Hmmm.....

swmototire has them 99.95$ for the front and 127.95$ for the rear + free shipping.

Was that price for installation while on the bike?

...yes that price was with rims on bike

Thats like 120$ for mounting them on the bike......thats why they are called Stealer's..... :lol:

I prolly woulda paid that cause I don't have anyway of mounting them myself. :x

Well you drop off your bike, pick it up with new tires, you pay your $$$.

OR

You pay $227 for 2 tires delivered, get dirty, and use your time. Whats your time worth? Life's full of choices.

Me, I've got time to save $$$

I've just done my tires at Cyclegear. Pull the wheel off and run it over to them, they charge ya $20 to remove the tire and dispose of the old. Frankly its worth that to me not to have to screw with it myself. Taking the wheel off is a bitch on the bird, but on the single sided swingarm VFR its a freakin piece of cake! :D

I got my last set of of tires for just $199.00 which included removing the wheels and mounting and balancing. It was a special on Dunlop 208s, I know Carlos the Hater :twisted: has bad mouthed Dunlops, but they have worked fine for me.

I've got 208's on the bird right now. I havent tried anything else, and because the front didnt need to be replaced yet I just stuck with the Dunlops for the rear until the front is in need of replacing.

Technodad has been quite pleased with the Metzlers on the Magna and Shadow over the stockers. But they're not cheap!