CBR1100XX.org Forum

BIRD RUNNING POORLY

MOTOXX

My '99 Bird is sick. It currently has 20,000 on the odo and is stock other than a K&N. This problem has become progressively worse over the last 4 or 5 thousand miles. When holding a steady speed there is a surging of power every second or two. This is especially noticable when the RPMs are at about 5,500 to 6,000. I also have surging when the throttle is closed decelerating at fairly high RPM. At idle and when reving in neutral I can hear a miss. At full throttle it seems to accelerate as strong as ever.

Replacing plugs and air filter & CCT did nothing to help.

The PGM-FI self dianostics does not idicate a problem.

ANY ONE EVER HEARD OF ANYTHING LIKE THIS??

(The closest dealer is 100 mi.)

After reading some other posts I believe that the surging may be caused by my worn chain. I will order one from White Buffalo Monday.

I will try the Sea Foam and see if it helps the miss.

Thanks

I changed to a 16 tooth front less than 3000K ago. Pete in PA says the stock rear will last for two chains and surprisingly I can't find any sign of wear on mine so I think I'll try just replacing the chain.

Run a can of Sea Foam through the tank...

Can sea foam be used with carbed bikes as well?

yea, i use it all the time on the advice of this board...works the same if not better then the chevron techron additive I used to use periodically to clean my system

When holding a steady speed there is a surging of power every second or two...I also have surging when the throttle is closed decelerating at fairly high RPM... At full throttle it seems to accelerate as strong as ever.

I think your bird is trying to tell you something...

...GO FASTER! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: