CBR1100XX.org Forum

Pilot Powers

Furious

Has anyone run the Pilot Powers on their bird? I haven’t been able to find a weight rating on them but a lot of people I’ve talked to have highly recommended them.

All info is appreciated.

Thanks,

Furious

I have about 700 miles on a set. Rode in the Ga Mtns 2 weeks ago with them, they stick like glue. Better than the Pilot Sports which I used to run. Time will tell on wear, but will enjoy the grip while it lasts.

I have around 3500 mi on a set and like them very well. They are very good in the wet and dry it looks like I will get around 5000 mi out of the rear and might have a few thousand left on the front. I will go back to the roads for longevity but do like this tire very well. Mine were new at the begining of the season. Very good tire in my opinion.

Just over a 1000 on my set. I love em :wink: They heat up quick and grip like no one's business :lol:

I killed the chicken strip the first ride out, they are that good.

I killed the chicken strip the first ride out, they are that good.

Ya but your not supposed to put the bike on its centerstand, start it, put it in gear and use sand paper to take your pussy stripes off! :roll: :wink:

Ya but your not supposed to put the bike on its centerstand, start it, put it in gear and use sand paper to take your pussy stripes off! :roll: :wink:

Learned from the best :lol::lol:

I've been using the Powers since they were released in Oz and love them. Am on my 5 th set now and wouldn't use anything else. Awesome grip in both the dry and especially the wet.

I get between 9,000-10,000kms from a front and between 6,000-7,000kms from a rear with my lard arse aboard. That's 100 odd kgs (220lbs for you guys).

I've been playing with lower pressures on my last set (32f/36r) and they perform even better at these pressures except wear has accelerated about 20% or so.

I get between 9,000-10,000kms from a front and between 6,000-7,000kms from a rear with my lard arse aboard. That's 100 odd kgs (220lbs for you guys).

Dammit, you do the math on the weight and not the mileage? Lessee, that's like 3,700 miles to 4,300 miles, right? That's not much less than I get out of an Avon rear (4,700 miles, usually). Have you run the Avons, and what was your impression and mileage on those puppies?

Bryan...sticky good...

I'm hard on rear tires. I don't care what kind or brand I use, I can't get more than 5000 miles out of a sport touring rear. I'm switching to the powers and hoping the extra traction means less wheelspin. Less wheelspin = longer life.

Has anybody noticed stability problems with Pilot Powers?

This is what my tyre shop tells me (after I let them know that I found a much

better deal) .

Has anybody switched to Powers from BT 014's ?

I can't get more than 5000 miles out of a sport touring rear. I'm switching to the powers and hoping the extra traction means less wheelspin. Less wheelspin = longer life.

+1, but I noticed that the OEM Dunlop that I put back after my rear BT014 was baddly cupped within 2500 kms, wears up to point and then the wear slows down.