CBR1100XX.org Forum

Kind of a poll but not...

jjp

New guy here again. Was wondering what mileage you considered your XX properly and completely broke in. I know there are a million theories on break-in so lets not go there. Just want to see what others did. I personally did three-300 mile periods of varied RPM ceilings. 1st 300 I pimped around town @ 4K ceiling, 2nd 300 I raised ceiling to 5K and last 300 to 6K. I feel its ready to rumble now . For the record, this is my first Honda. I've been on Kawi's for the past 10 years.

Rock...Would you feel comfortable at 900 miles to start giving it full RPM's? :twisted: Thanks for your input

Jeff

Yep.

The problem is, as Joe said, hi-speed/same rpms for extended periods of time. Exploring the range of RPMs at full throttle is good (from what I was told :grin: ).

Hugo

New guy here again. Was wondering what mileage you considered your XX properly and completely broke in.

I used to do all sorts of elaborate BS to "properly break in" my Harley-Davidsons and BMWs. When I bought my first Honda and asked how to break it in the dealer told me to just get on the highway and ride until I got tired of riding. It must have worked since that bike has 116,000 miles on it and has never had a mechanical breakdown or repair.

To be on the safe side... I used the same method for the XX :grin: