CBR1100XX.org Forum

AVON 45/46 shortage

Grey_XX

I tried to buy a front (45) through my local dealership and they came back telling me that the distributor had that tire back-ordered (with no estimate on when they'd get some). I then went to swmototires.com and ordered a set, the guy did mention that he thought they were the only store which would still have them in stock. He may be wrong but I thought I'd let you know.

Hugo

I posted this about two weeks ago in this forum and no one took me seriously :sad: . I ordered a set last Thurs. evening, the rear came in Mon. and the front is coming out of calif. Called this afternoon and the dealer said it was,nt in yet. Should be in tomorrow (fri.) Like Hugo said the local dist. where all out of fronts. as a back up I may order the AV49, Carlos are you running this combo. The same thing happened about three years ago when everyone was ordering the Bridgestone BT0-20. When a great tire comes out STOCK-UP

I guarentee everyone come July their will be a price Increase in these tires. Suggestion: order these tires 2-3 weeks before you need them, Isn'nt that right Ken :wink: :wink:

Harry

My guy has my rear but not the front yet. Hope it comes in next week or I might be screwed for our trip!

Ken

Thanks Hugo :grin: , Ken like Hugo said order the AV49 :grin: Its just stickier than the 45 and will match-up with your 45 :cool: Also they should wear out at the same time. If mine is not in this afternoon I will also order the AV49 :wink:

Harry

PS: When I come back from my trip I may order two sets :shock: , this way I won'nt be in this situation again :cool: , Also get them cheap while I can, this price will go up :sad: :sad:

Oddly enough, I got as much mileage from an AV39 (sport) as I did from the AV35 (sport-touring). The AV40 wore much faster than the AV36 or AV46, of course, but the fronts were equal.

Yes, mine are in!! Going on tonight after work. Finally things are looking up.

Ken

Received mine this morning too. The sight of new tires makes me happy, dunno why...

Hugo

Front replaced and, with the rear 2/3 done, the handling is just downright GOOD. Tested at 150 - indicated - in a nice curve (with good lean) while bagging, tagging and disposing of US$ 120,000 worth of Porsche (Boxster+ carrera, one bird, two stones) :grin: :grin: .

Hugo