CBR1100XX.org Forum

WTB: Anybody Have a Cell Phone For Sale

I signed up to try out a different provider. Still keeping my Verizon account but wanted to try a different service. They had a good deal on a pixel 8 pro but that deal disappeared as soon as I decided to go for it. My old Pixel 2 is not compatible and I'm not interested in laying out a lot of money for an experiment. 

I know some of you guys swap phones like underwear. Anyone have a "relatively new" phone they don't need anymore? 

Thanks!

I have some phones around, I assume they are old.  The person who gave me the pile never did buy great phones either.  Doesn't your phone do dual SIM?  I tried T-Mobile during NeXXt 2022 and used them and Verizon on my one phone.  Verizon was SIM card and T was eSIM.  Also T was great there.

The Androids are to give away.  The iPhone is a keeper but could be loaned.  I'm going to turn it into my digital dash for the XR, I'm too afraid to put my expensive phone on it.  This is an SE, worth $130, not a huge risk.

AB2EB017-D734-4E39-97ED-4A2006C9B117_1_102_o.jpeg

11C1F9BE-7EF1-499E-86BE-4A8441399139_1_102_o.jpeg

3163D837-A8D0-458B-A390-6CC8BAED6AC7_1_102_o.jpeg

Thanks for the offers and thought. Neither of the android phones are compatible per spectrum. 

My phone is a Samsung A53 5GUW.  Advertised as dual sim but it is not. I found lots of complaints online that dual sim does not work on this phone.  The sim tray is marked for SD card, not as sim2/micro SD.

I can see how such a small company could totally fuck up on a card that is so new and non-standard.  Can't blame them.  Fuck I hate that company.

LOL, cut any corners for that shiny penny. It's not like anyone cares anymore about retaining customers. The metric is all about *getting* them, not keeping them.

I'm just going to buy the cheapest phone they offer, a moto g power. Had one, it was slow, but served

it's purpose.

Wait, I just realized that you said you're going from Verizon to Spectrum/Charter?  Same thing.  Spectrum is just an MVNO (reseller of Verizon).  There's nothing to test.

2 hours ago, rockmeupto125 said:

LOL, cut any corners for that shiny penny. It's not like anyone cares anymore about retaining customers. The metric is all about *getting* them, not keeping them.

I'm just going to buy the cheapest phone they offer, a moto g power. Had one, it was slow, but served

it's purpose.

Mine is coming on Tuesday, a 2024 which just came on the market last week.  Through Cricket (current customer) it's about half price.  I've seen the 2023 marked $100 off.  My current Moto G7 Power is five years old and still working but slowing down.  It had 3mb ram, the new 8 so it should be faster and is 5G.  

Edit: sorry for blabbing in your post.

Edited by blackhawkxx

I have AT&T (personal and state) and a Verizon hotspot (state).  They both suck at my house.  Looking at the coverage maps and talking to my neighbors, T-Mobile is the way to go.  I have multiple places I have to cover that my state equipment just absolutely does not work in (kinda vital, you would think they would want that BS to work) but people on T-Mobile don't have any issues.  YMMV, and I know nobody has every area covered 100%, but it might be worth checking out for yourself.  Side note: the Verizon hotspot is FAR WORSE than the AT&T phones as far as coverage goes in my area.

• Useful/Thanks! 1

My personal phone is Verizon, work tablet T-Mobile. Outside of bigger population canters T-mobile sucks. Still.

About 25-30% of times I gotta upload pics and documents using my phone vs work tablet because it takes forever on latter in rural areas.

Same for Geotab or electronic logbook. It will loose signal here or there creating issues. T mobile. I've installed Geotab on my phone as a back up in case I got pulled over, cop wants to see my logs, and it happens in T-Mobile dead spot. it happened once, thinks Elvis cop was cool- " ok, I let you fix it, be back in 15" 

Joe, something that you should keep in mind is to be sure that your new phone has ALL bands.  I just fired up the SE to make sure it was all good, and it won't connect at all.  My primary coverage is band 66 (2.2GHz) and the SE doesn't have it.  When I head farther into the desert I suspect it will all be band 71 (600MHz, long range), also not in that phone.  I expect that you would be facing similar bands, because that's what works in sparsely populated and rural areas.  So the SE may not be my savior after all for the XR, which by definition, is mostly to ride in the middle of nowhere.