CBR1100XX.org Forum

I need to start eating breakfast, but I really hate it

5 minutes ago, blackhawkxx said:

I didn't mean it as a put down

I absolutely know that, for sure.  No worries.  Just whining/thinking it out loud.

And relative to many, my challenges are so minor.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:41 AM, SwampNut said:

Like this bullshit.  NO REASON, should not happen, and yet here's a totally objective measure of how it fucks me up.  One Orgain drink.

1881A9A9-18FE-402D-A317-DADEF7A8E444_1_105_c.jpeg

Is that from a premixed Orgain vegetable protein drink?

10 minutes ago, 02XXCA said:

Have you ever measured your blood glucose after an apple with peanut butter?

Yeah, I'm on a monitor 24/7.  Well sometimes I skip a few days when it runs out, they work for 10 days, 12 hours, and 27 minutes.  Apples have low impact.  I don't really like the PB on apple thing.  Dave's and PB has no impact (or meaning, little change, not a problem).  Even a cosmic crisp with higher sugar is not bad.

• Useful/Thanks! 1

Definitely a treat, not super junky.  The protein pancake mix that Dave recommended, and free range blue eggs.  The blues are crazy creamy and far more flavorful.  The yolk is KTM orange, not yellow.

55467E97-41F4-4869-A6E7-0E2079BF58CA_1_102_o.jpeg

6467FAF5-4491-4D24-B94A-B46B378E4C1A_1_102_a.jpeg

No idea.  This is not meant to sound like I'm wealthy, I'm not, but I don't know what groceries cost.  When Bush said that about milk, and people were outraged, is when I learned that it's not normal to not know this.  I only know what avocados cost in season because every store has huge 88 cent signs.

And yet, I can tell you every penny spent on cars/bikes, things like that.  The luxuries I guess.  Food?  Just gotta buy it.

I looked it up, seems expensive?  But we eat less than four per week each, so it's still not a lot.  I know some people on the forum eat dozens in a week, which I find hilarious.

image.jpeg

What the yolk colors tell us.

The color of the yolk is more closely linked to the feed of the hen as opposed to the overall nutritional value of that egg.

"The nutritional value of an egg is determined by factors like its protein content, amino acid profile, and vitamin and mineral content," explains Dr. Fernando Cisneros, Global Manger Layers Solutions at DSM.

While egg yolks can range in color from pale yellow to deep orange, "the healthier hens will have more carotenoids in their eggs, producing a deep golden-colored yolk," Cisneros explains. So to get a golden yolk, the hen needs to get good quality feed, correct husbandry practices—and more importantly be a healthy hen.

Jeanine Flaherty, VP of Food Safety and Quality Assurance at Vital Farms also weighed in and agrees that the yolk color is an indication of a hen's diet and overall well-being. "The Vital Farms girls eat a variety of seasonal vegetation and critters as they roam on pasture, as well as supplemental feed developed by a poultry nutritionist for added protein and nutrients to support their health and active lifestyles."

Various nuts make a good morning food too.  Good protein and other nutrients, although fairly high fat.  One big handful for the average male hand is about 35-40 grams, so around 200 calories.  I buy the low-sodium or unsalted Sam's brands mostly, and Planters has reasonable sodium content in some varieties too.

2 hours ago, The Krypt Keeper said:

We get our eggs from friends, they keep everything free range and organic for their own use. Big difference from store bought, 

I wish we lived closer to Moriah's sister so we'd have a great supply.  These blue ones are that good though.

I'm guessing that our dogs would love chickens.  Tastes like their dog food.

2 hours ago, SwampNut said:

I wish we lived closer to Moriah's sister so we'd have a great supply.  These blue ones are that good though.

I'm guessing that our dogs would love chickens.  Tastes like their dog food.

Coworkers husband went to fill a propane tank at tractor supply last week, forgot about the propane and returned with 15 chicks. She was pissed.

Trying to talk her into needing goats now. :lol:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Very far from healthy, but a nice treat.  Blood sugar impact was somewhat high, and very long lasting, not just up and back down.

13250AA6-FAD8-4BBF-A2EE-9A3F36F51312_1_102_o.jpeg

Not sure what's there beside eggs but it looks good.

Hey I was living life on the edge today 🙂, bought garlic hummus and tasted it for the first time.  It was meh but other flavors might be better.

Edited by blackhawkxx

Corned beef hash, hash browns.

What brand hummus?  Some, like Cedar brand, are bland garbage.  Boar's Head and Sabra are pretty good.

That seems a bit weird.  "Normal" things are pitas, pita chips (usually greasy and salty though), and veggies.  Many people love raw broccoli with it (I don't really), and many other veggies.

3 hours ago, SwampNut said:

That seems a bit weird.  "Normal" things are pitas, pita chips (usually greasy and salty though), and veggies.  Many people love raw broccoli with it (I don't really), and many other veggies.

Broccoli might be something to try.  I can't eat raw broccoli (makes me want to gag) except when dipped in something.  As far as "normal", I've never been accused of that. 🙂

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, 02XXCA said:

Love roasted red pepper humus made by Cedar.  Dip pita bread and carrots in it.

Sabra red pepper is my favorite.  Might have to look for this Cedar brand.  Can't say I've seen it, but don't pay that much attention to hummus brands.  I like it, but don't buy it on a regular basis for the same reason as Blackhawk.  I'll dip way too many chips in it.