CBR1100XX.org Forum

I approve this message...

Statins have turned out to be yet another pharma fraud, aided and abetted by the FDA and the for-pay medical industry.

I've been sending videos and podcasts from Dr Gregor, the nutritionist that I quote here often and follow regularly, to my friends taking this shit, for years.  They show it to their docs and get very mixed results.

From one of his podcasts:

"... the absolute risk only dropped 1 percent. So, in effect, “your chance of avoiding a…heart attack [over] the next [few] years is about 97 percent without treatment, but you can increase it to about 98 percent by taking [a statin] every day.” Another way to say that is that you’d have to treat 100 people with the drug to prevent a single heart attack. That statistic may shock a lot of people."

There seems to be a trend of putting people on meds once they hit late 40s here, the only meds I take are an antihistamine and my asthma inhaler, I refuse to take medicines for the sake of it or just because I reached a certain point in my life.

I'm no longer overweight due to my carnivore diet and generally have a decent immune system, built up through being a child of the 70s, eating dirt and being what these days would be generally considered unhygienic.  I feels sorry for the current generations who are so shielded from any sort of bug that they are doomed to weak immune systems and being at the mercy of the whims of the medical community.

• Like 2

I think a dozen Oreos a day is more expensive than my statin drug.

I take it due to high liver enzyme issues, it turns out that a statin completely normalizes my liver.  A strict diet of mostly plants will do the same though, but I struggle with that more from practicality than anything else.  But I do love a good burger or pizza.

Edited by IcePrick

22 minutes ago, JaBr said:

I feels sorry for the current generations who are so shielded from any sort of bug that they are doomed to weak immune systems and being at the mercy of the whims of the medical community.

Things are very different in the US, kids are still running around, and general immunity had been on a trend up until the latest anti-vaxx wave put a dent in it.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 12:20 PM, SwampNut said:

The latest plant based cheeses are making monstrous strides in being realistic and satisfying.

Still "over-processed" garbage.

On 1/25/2024 at 10:20 AM, SwampNut said:

The latest plant based cheeses are making monstrous strides in being realistic and satisfying.

Bull Shit. It does not tastes like cheese, over processed garbage. 

3 hours ago, jon haney said:

Still "over-processed" garbage.

And still less garbage than factory farmed dairy.  But, unless you've looked at the ingredient lists for some of the latest options, how would you know?

• Complete bullshit 1

Don't they use shoe glue to make plant based "cheese" and "burgers"? Just asking. 

Also, it is possible to get organic dairy and meat, but how much chemicals are being used to produce soy, etc? 

20 hours ago, SwampNut said:

And still less garbage than factory farmed dairy.  But, unless you've looked at the ingredient lists for some of the latest options, how would you know?

Citation needed. 

21 hours ago, SwampNut said:

Well, you got me there, but as little dairy as I ingest (almost exclusively from real cheese, very few of those individually wrapped slices), it's not a concern for me.

And that's good.  Everything is relative, a plant cheese is less perfect than a piece of broccoli, but probably way better than actual cheese.  Cutting it all out is idea, there are just options to be aware of if you choose not to.  Note that my response was relative to "pizza" and not relative to a bowl of veggies.  Relative.

This is whole food, pretty well unprocessed.  Unless you think putting plants in a blender is processing.

Ingredients:  Cashews, Filtered Water, Sea Salt, Natural Flavor, Cultured Brown Rice, Lactic Acid, Cultures.

22 hours ago, SwampNut said:

And that's good.  Everything is relative, a plant cheese is less perfect than a piece of broccoli, but probably way better than actual cheese.  Cutting it all out is idea, there are just options to be aware of if you choose not to.  Note that my response was relative to "pizza" and not relative to a bowl of veggies.  Relative.

This is whole food, pretty well unprocessed.  Unless you think putting plants in a blender is processing.

Ingredients:  Cashews, Filtered Water, Sea Salt, Natural Flavor, Cultured Brown Rice, Lactic Acid, Cultures.

That's the ingredients for plant-based cheese?

A quick google about this stuff did not entice me to consider trying it.  Sounds like they still have a long way to go.  If it's much cheaper than real, they might have a chance.

That was exactly my point; it's changing and -ahem- maturing very fast as a product.  What you saw/researched/tasted a year ago has changed a lot.  That was indeed the list for one of the options, which I think most would not consider a processed food.

I suspect it's more expensive, but I have no idea.  Never looked at the price.  I would expect to pay much more, again, for now, it's changing.

6 hours ago, SwampNut said:

That was exactly my point; it's changing and -ahem- maturing very fast as a product.  What you saw/researched/tasted a year ago has changed a lot.  That was indeed the list for one of the options, which I think most would not consider a processed food.

I suspect it's more expensive, but I have no idea.  Never looked at the price.  I would expect to pay much more, again, for now, it's changing.

Typical bull shit. No facts whatsoever. 

Please continue. Bunch of citations needed btw.

6 hours ago, SwampNut said:

And I mean, literally, in the last 1-2 months, packages are changing and proclaiming a new and better ingredient list.

What ingredients? Citation needed. 

I ran the ingredients past my favorite nutritionist, her answer...

Ingredients:  Cashews, Filtered Water, Sea Salt, Natural Flavor, Cultured Brown Rice, Lactic Acid, Cultures.

Yeah that is really good and just "processing" cashews by blending them is still unprocessed in the nutrition world. I would not hesitate to eat that just treat it like any other nut. High fat and calories so don't go "nuts!" The cultures are likely to be probiotic and probably a good benefit for the gut. Count it like a high calorie whole plant based food.