CBR1100XX.org Forum

Doctors explain why you should avoid dairy

SwampNut

Something I've been aware of for many years.  And it has helped Moriah tremendously.

In this eye-opening episode of Talking with Docs, Dr. Zalzal and Dr. Weening delve into the controversial topic of dairy consumption and its potential impact on health. Unveiling the myths and facts surrounding dairy, they explore the reasons why some believe it's detrimental to our well-being. Get ready for an enlightening conversation that challenges conventional wisdom and encourages viewers to rethink their relationship with dairy.

13 hours ago, tomek said:

Btw, since when some idiot on YT is "the evidence"? Spent much time with Zero lately? 

Since when does someone who can back their video with facts and evidence not credible?  Most trust the MSM even when they frequently make statements that are easily proven as either outright false or a deliberate misrepresentation of the facts…loaded more with editorial comment than actual factual analysis.

• Complete bullshit 2
  • Tinfoil hattery 1

Ah yes, random uneducated commentators are EXACTLY the same as these guys...

Dr. Paul Zalzal and Dr. Brad Weening are orthopedic surgeons and members of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. Together, they help make medicine accessible by serving up practical insights on orthopedic

Tomek, have you figure out what a carbohydrate is yet?  There's probably a Dr. Seuss book on it.

Sure, they the only doctors worth listening in entire solar system. 

I could come up with bunch of doctors on YT claiming dairy is great for you. But, what would be the point of that? 

I actually started watching swamps YT at random point and first thing that came up was something about inflammation. Of course, I don't get any. I stopped right there. Kinda like "watching" Zero's political YT. Start anywhere and after 2 seconds you are at huge WTF point, and consequently stop. 

I get that significant part of population is intolerant to dairy, those people are defective, but claim it is bad for you is blithering nonsense. 

Btw, quality skim 🥛 is excellent thirst quencher. 

31 minutes ago, SwampNut said:

Ah yes, random uneducated commentators are EXACTLY the same as these guys...

Dr. Paul Zalzal and Dr. Brad Weening are orthopedic surgeons and members of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. Together, they help make medicine accessible by serving up practical insights on orthopedic

Tomek, have you figure out what a carbohydrate is yet?  There's probably a Dr. Seuss book on it.

Yes, I avoid processed  carbs as much as possible. Maybe once a week as  a threat. Vast majority of my carbs come in straight, simplest form from fresh fruits, veggies ( gotta be low on starch) and carefully selected seeds, grains. Couple low on starch red potatoes per week. No rice under any circumstances. No white mass produced "bread". I could go on.

Bottom line, I'm thin, you are fat. Perhaps I'm doing something right, and, quite possibly, you should change your eating habits. 

You posted some recipes here, it is all good ingredients, etc. but, they are tend to have high carb content. Like potato salad? Squash? That's no no for people with prediabetic. Some beans have high content as well. 

And so on. But you are not gonna listen to me anyway, stopping right here. 

Btw, wanna tacos? Make your own, don't recommend Walmart/ Sam's club processed food garbage. 

Definitely a Christmas miracle... I'm about to 100% agree with Tomek (only visible because Zero quoted him).

Swampnut RAILS Zero for quoting YouTube (as do others) not to mention the length of said YouTube videos, then posts a 15 minute YouTube video that only defends HIS VIEWPOINTS, then attacks when somebody calls HIM out on it.  This is literally "pot calling the kettle", aka "let he who hath no sin" behavior.

Classic.

At this rate I may unblock Tomek and block Swampnut before the year runs out because I think this is at least 3 times this year I've actually agreed with Tomek on something.  It's almost like he's changing.  He's pulling a Dave on me.

Again, yes, I totally agree with you that two well regarded doctors is totally the same as a talking head with only a financial motive as his background.  But you agree with them, so I get it totally.  What color again?

All this talk about carbs has me wondering about a friend of mine who doesn't eat particularly well.  No fast food, but she doesn't shy away from bacon, eggs, beef, dairy, etc. - all the things that we're suspect of when critical of the standard American diet.

I've seen her weight fluctuate prior to her infatuation with breadmaking - specifically, sourdough... which she has in the period of a couple years become a master of.  She is now at a good weight (not slim, but at 63 and with a sedentary job) and has been stable there since about the time she started her bread obsession.  She swears that she lost weight (27 pounds) in mere months by ADDING sourdough bread to her diet (not replacing anything other than the breads she used to eat.

Maybe she reaches satiation with lower caloric intake due to the bread?  It's not something I'm likely to try, but I love bread and there's no arguing with her weight loss. 

Over the years I see more and more evidence that not all carbs are our enemy, and combining them with certain things seems to correlate with worse effects.  Buttered potatoes with salt, for example.

These two docs have led me down a few interesting new paths of learning, because they've told me something I disagreed with or didn't know.  Useful stuff, presented well.  Right up there with Gregor and Cronise.

Balanced diet. Healthy life style. Things that work. And has worked for centuries. Dairy has been part of balanced diet in many if not most parts of the world for millenniums. And suddenly dairy "bad". 

Some are looking for magic pill or magic diet to cheat their way out of medical issues. There is no magic pill or diet. What works is healthy lifestyle. 

3 hours ago, tomek said:

Some are looking for magic pill or magic diet to cheat their way out of medical issues. There is no magic pill or diet. What works is healthy lifestyle

Hey, we found the guy that knows nothing about mainlining unknown peptide compounds manufactured allegedly somewhere in China.