CBR1100XX.org Forum

Cut and stored or pre-cut veggies lose nutrition and gain problematic toxins

SwampNut

Well, yea, of course. There are no reasons to use canned, frozen or precut if fresh veggies are available. Also, those precut are packed in plastic bags. Not ideal. 

2 hours ago, tomek said:

Well, yea, of course. There are no reasons to use canned, frozen or precut if fresh veggies are available. Also, those precut are packed in plastic bags. Not ideal. 

Good point on the plastic, I never considered that.

53 minutes ago, blackhawkxx said:

Haven't watched the video yet but we try to avoid precut veggies.  Many times there have been recalls on precut packaged vegs with different kinds of bacteria in them that can harm you plus they cost more.

I sometimes buy celery (convenience, and it seems to last longer) precut/packaged and usually buy bags of broccoli florets.  The broccoli gets way more actual product than whole broccoli that generally yields half the weight in stalks.  Even the product labeled "broccoli crowns" is cut long to profit from the weight of the stalk.  Yes, there are uses for the stalks, but not in my "application".