CBR1100XX.org Forum

Oil Filters

Iceman_40

Had a problem today with a oil filter for the bird. Took my XX in to have my first oil change done at the shop and they were sent the wrong filter. Since I'm leaving on a short road trip Saturday I started the hunt for a oil filter by calling Riverside Honda in Edmonton.

The parts guy there tells me that the XX filter is the exact same as the oil filter for his R6 and also the R1. From what I'm told it's the most popular filter out for sport bikes.

Called my friend who is the Yamaha parts guy in town(at home cause it was after closing), and they have a few in stock I'll let you know tomorrow if it fits for sure.(Cross your fingers for me)

Found a list of filters for the Yamaha R6, there for filters that should fit on our XX if anyone ends up with the same problem as me.

Yamaha: 3FV-13440-00

Perf-Form: J-503

Emgo: 10-82232

FRAM: PH6017A

K&N: KN-303

Purolator: ML16817

It's the same filter as the Mazda RX-7, and Wal-mart stocks it. The Wal-mart house brand is actually a Purolator one, which is regarded as one of the best filters on the planet.

Wal-mart filter @ $2, Honda Stealer filter runs about $15 locally. As much as Wal-mart caters to the genetically difficiant I'll blow $10 and get 5 so I don't have to face either the customers or cheap help in the near future.

Steve

when getting the mazda rx-7 filter, what year of mazda fits the xx? i know in the walmart by me if you need a filter you need to know the year to look it up. just wondering cause i will probably switch to walmarts filter next change and also to mobil 1 15w-50.

kevin

To answer the question on years, it's the second-generation model. Can't remember all the years, but 1991 is one of them (that's what I have, and I accidentally put the XX filter on it, which is how I figured out the similarity).