CBR1100XX.org Forum

Auto Log Out

DBLXX

I applied a patch related to cookies, this morning.  Did this just start, maybe a couple of hours ago?

Can you try another browser, or another device, to see if it's the one browser?

1 hour ago, SwampNut said:

Same question, only as of a few hours ago?  Multiple browsers or devices?

Yes, multiple browsers and my android phone.

I wasn't on between 6 am and 2 pm, sometime between then I think.

Edited by blackhawkxx

Still.  Only use my same ol' laptop with Firefox.  The cookies thing that triggered the "WTFingF" thing is gone, but probably because I keep getting logged out.  I'm telling you, it's the robot aliens, or Skynet has become self-aware!

3 hours ago, Furbird said:

Still.  Only use my same ol' laptop with Firefox.  The cookies thing that triggered the "WTFingF" thing is gone, but probably because I keep getting logged out.  I'm telling you, it's the robot aliens, or Skynet has become self-aware!

SwAImpNut

Won’t let login if connected twitch ExpressVPN but does without using it.  Same kind of weirdness the rest mentioned since yesterday.

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Nova Scotia Mike said:

Is this still happening for others? It seemed to get better for a bit but it’s been back for me for awhile again. It might be happening if/when I switch devices but I’m not sure about that.

Does it happen on multiple devices?  You said you switched, so when you do that, is it logging out both/either, or does it consistently log out one?  Trying to ascertain whether it could just a cookie issue on one.  I almost never view the site other than on my MacBook, don't really know if it has built in protection that would be affected by device and location changes.

Hi

I need my .org fix all the time. On closer look it appears to be normal when I click to the .org on my MBA every time. I have to re-log in when I click the .org on my iPad (the one I bought from you) and my iPhone (14+). 

It would seem it is just me and my cookies. I’ve never been much of a baker. Maybe it’s Apple trying to save me from myself. I’ll see if I pour some milk and try to poke around my cookies. Thanks for all you do SwAImpnut!

IMG_2368.thumb.png.b09bb505a303c4681dd2d8f753622bb7.png

1 hour ago, Nova Scotia Mike said:

I need my .org fix all the time. On closer look it appears to be normal when I click to the .org on my MBA every time. I have to re-log in when I click the .org on my iPad (the one I bought from you) and my iPhone (14+). 

Ok, so two devices means maybe not cookies, but maybe still on those two.  Is the problem happening at home, or only while mobile (IE, on cellular and foreign wifi)?

A cookie clearing on those devices is worth a try.

Is there a way to clear cache on Safari but not cookies and vice versa?  I hate it when the solution is to clear the cache, because I lose everything when all I want to do is clear out old cached files that may be causing issues in the browser.

Probably.  You've reached the limits of my knowledge, I keep my stuff clean using command line scripts and have never had to do the other stuff.  I bet Safari will let you be very selective, it's the Apple way.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

Terms of Use