CBR1100XX.org Forum

Landscape help for a new homeowner ?????

DaveK

What do you guys think I should put under the window....We cleared out 4 really overgrown, messy bushes this weekend. I want something that will cover up to the windows and the length.

It is about 8 feet wide and 4 feet tall.

I want something that will stay green in the winter.

We cleared it all out this weekend and put those stones to maje that short wall. We also cleared out 4 bushes on that little patch to the right next to the patio. I want to hire someone to pour cement in that spot.

Advise ?

It took a whole day to clear this fucker.....I feel for all of you with a big yard....

20045167521006537638496.jpg

20045165436511056245219.jpg

I don't know anything about plants and shrubs....

But maybe a nice fountain of some sort would look good in that spot...

One thing I REALLY like... Decorative grasses...

like Pampas Grass or Fountain Grass...

pampasgrassmale.gif

fountain.gif

There are other kinds too...

But they are perennials, so the grow every year. And I like the way they look... And even in the winter they look cool when they turn a light tan dormant color but still look decorative (until the snow crushes them)

D) Hookers

Actually, under ours we put some nice globe bushes, they look OK, and you can dress it up the corners with some flowers, such as Pansies.

Im not sure how well a Japanese Maple would grow in your climate but they are gorgeous and don't get very large. Otherwise I'm with Nik. A water feature would be cool there. You can buy them prefab at most home and garden stores. You can get stone ones or you can get some synthetic type of shit that looks just like stone but its easier to move.

Is that a condo there Dave? I too really like the decorative waterfalls and stuff. Every time I go to Lowes or Home Depot I have to check them out :lol: For a few hundred, you can get some pretty cool stuff. Good luck in chosing!

Steve

Dave, how about a concrete likeness of Don pissing into 1/2 of a giant clamshell. :grin: Throw some pea gravel into the area and be done with it. You can be riding the bird instead of messing with upkeep. :wink:

• 4 weeks later...

Dave, Dave, Dave...... Can't you lighten up just alittle.

Just admit it, and plant some nice FLOWERS in that little bed, you'll like it.

If you do it really nice.... it'll probably help you out in the other bed as well. :wink:

Flowers Dave.... alittle color in you life.

Tall ones in the back, short in the front.