Jump to content
CBR1100XX.org Forum

Free Escort 9500ix, may have issues, no cord or mount


Recommended Posts

This was hardwired in the chick's car that we just traded in, so no cord, and the mount was fucked anyway.  She said it would occasionally just freak out.  She thinks it would sometimes alarm for no reason and sometimes just go dark, but forgot the details.  If I power it up by USB it does turn on.  So really, the only use for this is if you want to send it for their $140 platinum refurb service, where they go through it all and send you back a new cord and mount, almost like new.  I have no interest in it, I only do 5 over.

 

https://www.escortradar.com/pages/repair-info-and-pricing

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Go buy a new one and let a poor speeder have this one you rich fuckin Jew!

  🙂

I speed most of the time and haven't been busted in a very long time, I sometimes wonder if I'm just lucky or what it is.  My last one was in Arizona, I made the mistake of not taking the front plate off the rental car so I was profiled caught breaking the law.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, superhawk996 said:

Go buy a new one and let a poor speeder have this one you rich fuckin Jew!

  🙂

I speed most of the time and haven't been busted in a very long time, I sometimes wonder if I'm just lucky or what it is.  My last one was in Arizona, I made the mistake of not taking the front plate off the rental car so I was profiled caught breaking the law.

 

...caught by a camera? Think I got one headed to meet Carlos for lunch years ago in Scottsdale.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TOXXIC said:

 

...caught by a camera? Think I got one headed to meet Carlos for lunch years ago in Scottsdale.

Scottsdale, of course.  No, he was in the center divider running radar or laser and I was plucked from a group of cars all going 90ish on the I-10 heading in.  The car behind me was tailgating so the cop pulled along side and peeled him off my bumper so he could pull me over.  I asked why he picked me "I can only stop one of you."  Oh, so it wasn't because I was the only car in the group with a California plate?  No, I can only stop one.  This was after he'd handed me the ticket, before that I was being nice and hoping for the best.  I typically set the cruise just shy of 85 but on that occasion traffic dictated speeding up or dropping down to the right lane speed to not hold up the fast lane.  It was the only of many trips that I was driving something with a front plate, but it could be coincidence.  A couple days ago I realized that my 'new' pickup has a front plate, I've been trying to plan an AZ trip and might use it so I took that shit off.  It looks better without it and opens more space for cooling air.

 

I got my photo taken a few times, I did the right thing and tossed the letters in the recycle bin since they were unenforceable as long as you didn't respond (improper service).  On one occasion I saw the trap in time to raise a one finger salute to it.  I was a bit surprised that they don't even send a second letter, the California jury notice people send a few with scary threats before giving up.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, superhawk996 said:

Scottsdale, of course.  No, he was in the center divider running radar or laser and I was plucked from a group of cars all going 90ish on the I-10 heading in.  The car behind me was tailgating so the cop pulled along side and peeled him off my bumper so he could pull me over.  I asked why he picked me "I can only stop one of you."  Oh, so it wasn't because I was the only car in the group with a California plate?  No, I can only stop one.  This was after he'd handed me the ticket, before that I was being nice and hoping for the best.  I typically set the cruise just shy of 85 but on that occasion traffic dictated speeding up or dropping down to the right lane speed to not hold up the fast lane.  It was the only of many trips that I was driving something with a front plate, but it could be coincidence.  A couple days ago I realized that my 'new' pickup has a front plate, I've been trying to plan an AZ trip and might use it so I took that shit off.  It looks better without it and opens more space for cooling air.

 

I got my photo taken a few times, I did the right thing and tossed the letters in the recycle bin since they were unenforceable as long as you didn't respond (improper service).  On one occasion I saw the trap in time to raise a one finger salute to it.  I was a bit surprised that they don't even send a second letter, the California jury notice people send a few with scary threats before giving up.

 

Scottsdale of course! 😀  Up here running without a front plate is a violation so, I am in the process of modifying brackets for the TJ and Zuk, don’t need unwarranted attention after a day on the trails or crawling the malls in the Jeep! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TOXXIC said:

 

Scottsdale of course! 😀  Up here running without a front plate is a violation so, I am in the process of modifying brackets for the TJ and Zuk, don’t need unwarranted attention after a day on the trails or crawling the malls in the Jeep! 


Same here in NY. Haven’t run a front plate on my cars in 20 years. Never had any issues….so far. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

AZ used to be really picky about the front plate, until the law changed and now we don't have one.  This is why our society crumbled, and global warming is far worse here than anywhere else.

 

Scottsdale got rid of nearly all cameras.  It was a popular vote.  And by vote, I mean our people were shooting them, pulling them down with chains, covering them with paint, and showing up at officials' houses to "return" their mailed photo tickets.  Also a shitload of people moved to postal box registrations, and just ignored citations.  I love anarchy.  It's effective.  We have four red light cameras in Scottsdale only for the most dangerous intersections.  Scottsdale has our highest concentration of entitled dickwads.  Paradise Valley, which seems to be Scottsdale if you're not from 'round here, still has a couple of photo speed vans, set to 11 over (not terrible for curvy surface streets marked 45 I guess).  

 

Postal box registrations...I love it that I'm not the only one.  When I put my UPS box address in for insurance info or MVD stuff, a list of nearly 100 cars at that address shows up for me to pick one.  Government doesn't need to know where we live.

 

Oscar's story mirrors the one where a friend and I were riding back from his house, in a huge pack of trucks and cars doing 85.  They decided to light US up for doing about 83.  A bike at 83 is clearly more dangerous than a truck at 85.  Guess where her plate is from....

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, TOXXIC said:

 

Scottsdale of course! 😀  Up here running without a front plate is a violation so, I am in the process of modifying brackets for the TJ and Zuk, don’t need unwarranted attention after a day on the trails or crawling the malls in the Jeep! 

Same here, but the cops don't seem to care.  The only time I was stopped for it was in LAX by the airport cops.  After a day of beers wheeling it would suck to get stopped over something like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, superhawk996 said:

After a day of beers wheeling it would suck to get stopped over something like that.

 

Exactly my thought, and only reason for the front plate. No need to give them an easy reason to stop, say hello and potentially violate my rights. 😀

 

I once saw an LAX motor cop bike with a shotgun mounted to it. LOL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TOXXIC said:

I once saw an LAX motor cop bike with a shotgun mounted to it. LOL.

Many of our motor cops carry long guns, sometimes an AR on one side and shotty on the other.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, superhawk996 said:

Many of our motor cops carry long guns, sometimes an AR on one side and shotty on the other.

 

Interesting. Guess the better weather allows for it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dual long guns makes sense in Los Angeles.  Oh yeah, new crime spree in LA right now...Tesla wheels, and leaving the car on plastic drink holders taken from behind stores.

 

I can't say a specific ratio, but it seems like maybe 1/5 of motors here have an SBR.  Never noticed a shotgun.

 

Tesla-Tires-Rims-theft-LAPD.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Two things I learned from that reddit; the Tesla has nice f/r weight distribution, and plastic crates are a fuckload stronger than I had imagined.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also, the Tesla has a flat bottom, so the crates are holding the weight evenly.  I would suspect that a typical car with only a small curved lip at the bottom would have a different experience.  The thefts aren't totally new, but apparently it's become a huge thing lately in inner L.A.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Curious what the appeal is of Tesla wheels? Do they bolt directly up to a Civic or Impala without wheel adapters? 😃  Something is driving the aftermarket thief market.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was very surprised and curious also.  And it would then stand out, I think?  Also do the thieves know that there are nice wheels under the aero covers?  Or do most owners remove the covers like I did?

 

Google says they are 5x120 bolt pattern, so pretty common and interchangeable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hate the look of the aero covers, and I was stunned to see how nice your wheels were underneath. At first I thought you bought new rims for the new ride.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, TOXXIC said:

I hate the look of the aero covers, and I was stunned to see how nice your wheels were underneath. At first I thought you bought new rims for the new ride.

I asked him about that.  Those covers are the ugliest things I have ever seen.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They are certainly ugly in a certain way, but also signify "Tesla" and high efficiency, so my brain accepts the look.  The ones that were ultra hideous were on that early Honda electric.  Ugh.

 

9 hours ago, FiXXation said:

Maybe Elon needs to build in a KIT mode shocker system.

 

Someone suggested that the car could move back and forth a few feet if it's being fucked with and sentry mode is on (though it seems some of these owners disabled sentry, WTF).  This is 100% technically possible, but too much fear of liability will prevent it.  Also the car could spin the wheel if it's off the ground while the car is locked and alarm/sentry mode is on.  It already can identify and detect humans in a 360 circle, and record them.  It does it so well that I have hours and hours of sentry recordings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use