CBR1100XX.org Forum

Am I asking too much for my XX?

Your extras are pricey ones but (most) people don't calculate that into your asking price or the price they are willing to pay.

I think the "perception" of the mileage you are high...by $600 or $700.

Here is where I think you went wrong.

You said you WILL NOT BUDGE and DON'T LOW BALL OFFER ME!!!!

What you just told me is you wouldn't even consider $4800, $4900 or $4999.

We both know you will take a tad less....and you will most likely lose those potential buyers.

With all that said...with the season upon us, I think if you HOLD OUT....someone who knows the value of the bike, the extras, and the cleanliness of it WILL come along at your price.

My opinion.

Your price is good. Do what Dave suggested and add some better pictures to show how clean it is.

I look on CL all the time...good pictures make a difference for me as to my initial perception to the bike. :icon_biggrin:

GLWS

My '03 with 47,000 miles had many of the extras you have including the Power Commander III USB.

It also had a Penske shock and custom worked fork. I originally tried to get $5500, then $5000, then...

It finally went when I got down to $4200 with all of the extras included.

YMMV, of course, and I hope you can get what you want for it.

I would go to $4500 even, but with all these craigslist assholes offering $2500 I thought I'd thrown that in. Maybe I'll take that part down a notch.

I really loved this bike and would hate to tell myself I gave it away 5 years from now. I'd rather keep it.

I would go to $4500 even, but with all these craigslist assholes offering $2500 I thought I'd thrown that in. Maybe I'll take that part down a notch.

I really loved this bike and would hate to tell myself I gave it away 5 years from now. I'd rather keep it.

Dealing with the assholes is part of sales and ultimately selling the item. It WILL be one of those a-holes you sell it to.

It's part of the "art" of getting rid of your item.

You want traffic....

Craigslist has become a toilet for trying to sell stuff. I listed my Zx14 last week on there and had nothing but ridiculous offers. One jerkoff offered $6000 and proceeded to tell me how nobody has any money and that was the best offer I'll get and how I should sell it to him for a smooth transaction. The bike was a 2008 with 1532 miles and completely stock. Listed it on Ebay Friday with a buy it now of $7700 and it sold today. Detailed pics make a world of difference and it seems the fact that it was completely stock helped. There was another 2008 ZX that was the exact same color that had just over 1000 miles and had a PC3 and Brocks pipe and it sold for $300 more than mine. You have to accept that you will be basically giving away the extras. Tires, brake lines and new chains are givens that they will go with the bike but if I were to sell my XX, I would pull my Corbin seat and my Two Brothers cans and sell those separately.

I don't think your price is out of line, but as mentioned you might be better off selling the exhaust and seat alone.

It looks like I have my 97 sold for about 4100, but its decked with stuff including USD forks, penske shock, corbin, an all kinds of small crap... my bike is 5 years older though so I think your price is reasonable.

I'd highly recommend listing on advrider. I've seen a few XX's sell there lately...

You probably know this, but if you want GOOD pictures, put them on photobucket and embed the IMG codes in your CL ad. You can have unlimited hi-res pics that way.

For comparison purposes, I bought my SilverBird last November with $39K+ miles, all stock and some scrapes on left fairing and stator for $3,300. I think you are close to BB even with your mileage. Your parts ARE pricey: Corbin ($450); Yoshi ($700); PCIII ($300); VFR bars (~$200). All added up (not including the regular maintenance), looks to be around your asking price (trade off scrapes on mine vs extra mileage on yours). But I think you may want to factor in that your parts are used, so the $4,500 is probably a more likely sales price. Stay at $5K asking but let buyers know you have some wiggle room.

The asking for mine was $3500 and we settled for only $200 less. GLWS of a BB in the fastest color.

I've got mine listed now too its a 2000 with less than half your mileage. You need to return it to stock as best you can. I have a set of Leo Vince dual titanium slip ons that I'm not selling with the bike, as well as a double bubble windscreen and power commander and Throttlemeister cruise. Those will go on ebay later.

Remember those items YOU added that YOU wanted ad value in your mind. That doesn't mean the next buyer will want or need those items.

BUT I sell bikes for a living and whenever someone tries to trade something in Harley's are a good example with 5K $ in extras it doesn't matter!!!

I think the real # for your bike is $4000 max. Take all those parts off and it's worth about 3600. But you'll make more than the diff back when you sell them on ebay. Corbin seats on here don't last more than 2 days. Someone will snap it up as well as your other extras.

Oh and not to be mean but your picture suck real bad. A picture is worth a 1000 words. Take a look at mine. Its the 2000 for 4600 minty

If no one's biting, then yeah, it's too high.

If you can wait, relist it in June/July.

If you can put back to stock, and sell the farkles here or on eBay, you may be money ahead that way too.

• 1 month later...

Highly modified , hmm dunno about that, price is decent, I have a 97XX alot more done to it with higher mileage than yours, I'd ask more for mine, w lots of extras plus some later year worth while modz however some may want an original XX . I think you are inline with asking price, leave it be personally or go a few hundred more.

Your pic is horrible, can tell anything from that, consider paying to advertise it or give higher res images.

Because CL is free, you get broke dick MF's that want stuff for free.

Yes craigslist has become that in some areas, just know how to list, forget receiving email, accept text only or a call and I have sold alot on CL. If someone is serious they will call, emails are a waste of time

GLWS of a BB in the fastest color.

LO we all know you are wrong, Black is the fastest & carburated!