Jump to content
CBR1100XX.org Forum

Low RPM, power loss, incomplete fuel burn


sachimore
 Share

Recommended Posts

2002 Bird, during idle it misses and you can smell raw fuel coming out of the muffler. Above 1,500 RPM it's fine. 67K. Always garaged.

 

Vacuum lines tight

Almost New plugs

No FI light

Never adjusted valves

 

Any ideas welcome

 

Thanks

 

Sach

Smyrna, TN

Edited by sachimore
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With 67k I'd suggest checking the valves.  The Honda trained guy is an idiot.  They might be fine, but if they go tight you'll be coming back to ask how much it costs to remove and repair the cylinder head.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, superhawk996 said:

With 67k I'd suggest checking the valves.  The Honda trained guy is an idiot.  They might be fine, but if they go tight you'll be coming back to ask how much it costs to remove and repair the cylinder head.

We should start a poll to see how many have had the valves checked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, blackhawkxx said:

We should start a poll to see how many have had the valves checked.

So far it seems that as long as I leave the cover on the bike they seem to stay in spec.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/26/2022 at 7:42 PM, superhawk996 said:

So far it seems that as long as I leave the cover on the bike they seem to stay in spec.

As in not riding it, just in case anyone thought he meant "valve cover".

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use