CBR1100XX.org Forum

Riding in the rain????????????????

BIG BOY

Every time i ride in the rain, when i come to a stop, smoke pours out of the top of my bike right below the gauges. I know it's from the water hitting the radiator, because it don't do it in the dry.

Do i need a fenda extenda????

Dave and Joe experienced this first hand when me and Dave showed up at Joe's in the pouring rain last year.

Does this happen to anyone else???????????????????

I don't ride in the rain, so don't know :???: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

And did you just say that DAVE rode in the rain ???!!! :shock:

Unbelivable !!! :twisted:

How long did it take him to clean the bike afterwards ?!

I have some steam, not to much....The mirrors will fog up though. :???:

Same happens in winter.....

Cheers,

being from Vancouver, i had this happen all the time when it was wet out. (which was all the time.)

i think i asked the same question to this forum the first time, and was told not to worry about it.

you could always get a flame job to give others a giggle when you pull up to a stoplight.

The only time I notice is when I park in the garage after a ride in the rain (which seems like a long time ago, strange for Florida); I don't see any reason to be concerned about it. I don't know if a fender extender would help, as it appeared to me it was caused by water draining DOWN onto the radiator and cylinder head from the fairing/gas tank area.

Dave did actually ride in the rain with me for hours!!!!!

It was a very, very bad lightning storm. I know many of you would never believe it, but it is true. I think he said it took him like 3 days to properly clean his bike.

Dave said that would happen to him when he rode in the rain, then put on a fenda extenda and the problem went away.

Who knows. But it does pour out piles of smoke where it fogs the windscreen, my visor and side mirrors.

Being from Seattle I can tell ya that it's a regular occurance. Just steam. Haven't had any ill effects on my 02 Bird. It seems that it would be bad for the gauge console. Really not much to do about it. Just keep moving.. :wink:

d