CBR1100XX.org Forum

New Chain Q ?

DaveK

Bought a D.I.D. Gold ZVM last year.....Joe put it on for me (You rock, rock !). THEN people told me the D.I.D. Gold ZVM was NOT rated for 1157CC's. I rode on it all year last year....but I am always nervous about it since the manufacturer doesn't rate it for the bird.

I paid 110 for the DID gold ZVM. I am listing it in the F/S section.

My question...I bought the NEW Heavy Duty RK GOLD XW-ring chain right after people said not to use the DID. Supposed to last a LONG LONG time.

2004436106876934295078.jpg

The dealer wants 125 to put it on ???? Circle Cycle said 40 minutes labor....or 50 bucks. Should I go for the dealer, or is he ripping me off as usual ?

Thanks !

The dealer's trying to rip you. Everything I've read says the DID ZVM is the chain for our bikes. Who told you otherwise?

Just going by what Dave stated in the initial post, was that he had a ZVM, which is the correct chain, gold or otherwise. If it is/was a VM, I am with you 100%, wrong chain. Are you saying your chain does not have the chip to sense engine displacement?? :lol:

Dave, the only difference is the chain won't last quite as long as the original did.

For you, that means only 6 seasons of riding, instead of 7 :poke:

I'd keep using it, and change it out after this season, or next when it's showing some wear.

My question...I bought the NEW Heavy Duty RK GOLD XW-ring chain right after people said not to use the DID.  Supposed to last a LONG LONG time.  

You poor misguided fool! :sad:

ZVS is DID Honda OEM part [you won't find this chain on the DID site].

ZVM is DID afternarket part.

The correct RK chain is the RK 530GXW [which you have brought] however overall the DID ZVM chain has better specs and would last a LONG LONG LONG time [longer than the RK!]

Be warned the blackbird does not deal kindly to inferrior chains.

Last time I replaced my chain the dealer fitted an RK 530XSO which is rated for a maximum of 1000cc. At 10,000 miles [16,000k] it's fucked.

If you have more money to throw away please sent it to me :wink:

The correct RK chain is the RK 530GXW [which you have brought] however overall the DID ZVM chain has better specs and would last a LONG LONG LONG time [longer than the RK!]  

Glad you're so sure of yourself....

Question.....If you (you poor foolish jerk off)let your dealer put a RK 530XSO on your bike, how would you know the DID lasts longer than the RK 530 GXW ?

I guess your obvious GUESS is as good as mine. :?:

John:

I got some info that the RK GXW was the newest chain out and was heavy duty. I was told that it currently had the longest life..and gold.

But according to jimsuckmyass...the DID is MUCH better :roll:

• 1 month later...
Go look at the DID web site....the ZVM is rates to 1000 cc's I think !

"I think?" well as one who has actually checked and printed out the freakin chart the ZVM is the top chain and it is the chain their site lists as the XX replacement.

Glad you're so sure of yourself....

It's the result of informed reseach - try it one day :twisted:

Question.....If you (you poor foolish jerk off)let your dealer put a RK 530XSO on your bike, how would you know the DID lasts longer than the RK 530 GXW ?

I trusted my dealer to put the correct chain on :oops:

I guess your obvious GUESS is as good as mine. :?:

Wasn't a guess, it was misplaced trust.

Since it wasn't lasting I have done some extensive reseach on the topic, going to the RK and DID sites, printing out the specifications and compatibility charts. I have also supplied these to my Honda dealer.

I got some info that the RK GXW was the newest chain out and was heavy duty.

Well if you call availble for at least the last 18 months as newest, but yes it is their best chain for the XX.

I was told that it currently had the longest life..and gold.

Well at least they were right about the color :wink:

But according to jimsuckmyass...

No thanks. :bigpuke:

the DID is MUCH better :roll:

Having checked the specifications and consulted with others on this site, and more informed people at my Honda dealer [than the parts boy], and also 2 other dealers the consensus is that it is the better chain.

If your local dealer has told you the DID is an inferior product you should be making that the issue.

Finally :pissedfingers: