CBR1100XX.org Forum

Borla Pipe?

blackhawkxx

Very well known in the car world for quality & performance.

I haven't heard anything about their results with bike systems, but I would imagine it to be similar.

Price is right, too!

Never heard of them before

Of course you haven't, you know dick about motortcycles, anything obscure is sure to be way beyond you. Why don't you stay out of the garage until the next time you go to start your bike and the battery's dead. That should be what, four, maybe five months from now?

Notice, Steve, that you now have my full attention :grin:

Steve, WTF did you do to stir up this Shit nest???? Better say you are sorry, Tim is like Gus in a humping frenzy, best to give him a little satisfaction then he'll leave you alone!!! :lol::lol:

Good Luck with this.

MaXX

All bikes and cylinder heads are the same, so all pipes will fit all years.

The only difference in the 99-up models was the pairing of the cylinders on the header for more mid-range power, apparently with a small sacrifice in top end.

Anything labelled 97-98 will have the carb cylinder pairing 1&2, 3&4, whereas the EFI pairing was 1&4, 2&3

Borla was popular with Buell and that was it. They closed there bike exhaust line down about 2 years ago. There advertising drive was not the best. The can is carbon and 14" long. It has a split core inside also. They also made the header pipes for Erion and then sold the equipment to Erion when they shut down.

Sorry, I meant to clarrify that I had never heard of them making an application for motorcycles (like Micron, Muzzie, Two Brothers, Yosh. etc) I researched Borla, Bassani, Flowmaster blah, blah, blah for quite some time when I set up my car. Finally decided on the dual Flowmaster 40 series, very nice sound.

.....sorry for that misunderstanding.

Steve

All bikes and cylinder heads are the same, so all pipes will fit all years.

The only difference in the 99-up models was the pairing of the cylinders on the header for more mid-range power, apparently with a small sacrifice in top end.

Anything labelled 97-98 will have the carb cylinder pairing 1&2, 3&4, whereas the EFI pairing was 1&4, 2&3

Just a note.

The above may be true for some aftermarket systems.

However Erions header pipe for the 97/98 models will not fit the 99 and newer bikes. When Honda opened up the ram-air in 99 they moved the oil cooler and radiator. This brings contact between the #3 pipe and radiator.