CBR1100XX.org Forum

Small filter in airbox

runner

I was checking my K&N filter last night & came across a small 'filter' towards the back of the airbox ( on the bottom). It's approx. 1.5" x 2" & has a large hose (breather?) running towards the front of the bike. What is this filter & what's a good place to find a replacement? Mine has a pretty good size tear in it. (98 CBXX).

thanks

I posted about this before but can't find it. The filter is only on carbed Birds as far as I know but mine turned to dust and wanted people to know to check them. You can order the filter from Honda for only a couple bucks so get some oil filters or other OEM parts at the same time if you are ordering on-line.

17254-MAT-000 FILTER, SUB-AIR CLEANER $1.84

http://www.hondadirectline.com/OEMpartfinder.htm#/Honda/CBR1100XX_A_(98)_MOTORCYCLE,_JPN,_VIN%23_JH2SC350-WM100001_TO_JH2SC350-WM101089/AIR_CLEANER_97-98/CBR1100XX-98-JPN-A/14MATVE1AMAT3F2000CA

• Upvote 1

I believe it's for the PCV system, not positive. If it is it's basically an oil trap to keep oil mist from coming into the airbox. I can check mine tomorrow if needed to confirm.