CBR1100XX.org Forum

Track Day Report

runner

WIth temps in the mid-60's the day went well. My 98 bird was fast on the Talledega track (Lil Tally... not the Nascar track) but a challenge to get thru the corners with all the 600's. I would lose in the corner what I made up on the straights. The double H EBC's saved my tail almost every lap. I used all of the tire ... no chicken strips here.

I think I am hooked...studying the Bargy Racing School schedule now....

Edited by runner
  • Upvote 1

As Rich said, Welcome to the club. B)

Tracks and track speed is addicting. The XX is not a track toy, it's a fast sporty tourer. Now park the fat pig ;) and get a SV650 or 600 and start really enjoying the tracks. I took mine on track ONCE and never again. I ground down the side cases, pegs, mid pipe and that was after suspension work. :blink:

I would try to add something useful to this, but I think Rich and Randy pretty much covered it. Glad you had a good time...Tally is a fun track.....we go there for 2 track day weekends a year with STT. The really fast guys will be under a minute around the track....58s and 59s.

I would try to add something useful to this, but I think Rich and Randy pretty much covered it.

Yep, except for the "break out your wallet, this new hobby is going to cost you" ;)

I did a few days on my XX, it got exponentially funner once I got out there on a more suitable machine.

Nothing I've ridden feels or turns like this, it's as powerful as the bird, and over a hundred pounds lighter. Unfortunately my aging broken body is telling me I should stay on something like the bird.

post-417-0-47964800-1413045613_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Get yourself a test ride on a BMW S1000RR....or if you are a Ducati guy, throw a leg over the 1199 Panigale. If those two don't make you think the 999 is missing on one cylinder, nothing will, except maybe a KTM RC8 or some others that I haven't listed.

Nothing I've ridden feels or turns like this, it's as powerful as the bird, and over a hundred pounds lighter. Unfortunately my aging broken body is telling me I should stay on something like the bird.

If you want fast, light, easy to handle, and easy on an old body, it's hard to beat some of the current naked sport bikes. Love my Triumph STR.

The 999 has enough power for me, sure more is always great, but I don't have S1000RR or 1199 money to spend on a bike.

Oh, I understand completely.....I don't have that kind of money either......but it's still impressive how much better they get year after year. As far as track bike go, I'm pretty happy with my 600RR and the only time I really miss having more is when I'm on some of the larger tracks that have longer straights.....but I'm OK with it at my age (60 in a few weeks)

If you only knew! Every morning when I get up for work (3:30AM), I'm about 93 y.o. Then, after a cup of coffee and a shower I'm about 75. One more cup of coffee on the way to work at 6:00AM and I'm back to being 59.90 y.o. I go through this every morning.

If you only knew! Every morning when I get up for work (3:30AM), I'm about 93 y.o. Then, after a cup of coffee and a shower I'm about 75. One more cup of coffee on the way to work at 6:00AM and I'm back to being 59.90 y.o. I go through this every morning.

and still fast as hell on the track! and you have curves in Tennessee named after you! and still a good look'n wippersnapper!!!!