CBR1100XX.org Forum

SOLD - 2013 MX5 GT PRHT - 2500 miles - Liquid Silver - SOLD

What's the planned replacement? Hopefully a new stingray.

Warranty - 2 more years.

MPG - I drive like a granny 32 MPG

Car has never been wet, never taken over 4,000 RPM's and driven to the Quick Check and back 1000 times. (It's 1.25 miles away)

Car has never been wet, never taken over 4,000 RPM's and driven to the Quick Check and back 1000 times. (It's 1.25 miles away)

So the engine has never been broken in properly, and it's never been run long enough to warm up properly?

• Upvote 1

Dude, why did you buy it if you weren't going to drive it even a bit?

Mikey, it is probably a fetish of some sort that mirrors his (admitted) OCD. A pretty benign personality disorder when you look at the whole spectrum of psychological manifestations. Unlike so many women and their shoes that never gets worn, at least he earns his own money, is not a (fiscal) parasite or leach to anybody or society, and does nothing to destroy the items.

If we had his kind of money (and I am not being sarcastic here, really) and were in his situation, what are the chances we would be doing the same sort of shit? Think about how many gun safe queens are owned by this group.

Enjoy, Dave!

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may,

Old time is still a-flying:

And this same flower that smiles to-day

To-morrow will be dying.

The glorious lamp of heaven, the sun,

The higher he's a-getting,

The sooner will his race be run,

And nearer he's to setting.

That age is best which is the first,

When youth and blood are warmer;

But being spent, the worse, and worst

Times still succeed the former.

Then be not coy, but use your time,

And while ye may, go marry:

For having lost but once your prime

You may for ever tarry.

Dude, why did you buy it if you weren't going to drive it even a bit?

Sometimes it's about the moment and how it felt to own a pretty cool 2 seat roadster.

I've already got my eyes on the next garage queen.

I just wished I lived a little closer to N.Y. so I could have the option of benefiting from his quirkiness. I would have bought that SV for sure.

As vices go, buying cars and waxing them only to sell them at a loss is fairly benign. Keeps him out of bars and whorehouses. Well, okay, he goes to them a little less on days he's waxing.

Dave, if I wasn't downsizing... I would buy that car. When you first bought it I was wondering how long it would be until you got the itch for something new, and I really did have my eye on it. But in a month I won't even have a garage, so a toy car is out for sure - much less one that has never seen rain or a night outside.

Someone is going to get a great deal on a more than perfect car.

• Upvote 1

Thank man. I appreciate that. I'm in no rush to get rid of her....and have had many inquiries through the Miata forums. 3 people coming tomorrow to see it. The new ride doesn't get here until September-ish.