CBR1100XX.org Forum

Needed asap

If you need something to hold it on just until you get the right part, go to the hardware store and get a roll of metal strapping with holes in it that is used to hold up duck work, etc. Something like this but a small roll for cheap. http://www.theductshop.com/shop/catalog-ha...rap-c-1_19.html

Go to the Home Depot or Lowes and get a 5-6" hose clamp that should hold it.

A picture is worth a thousand words... That would sure help to know exactly what you are looking to do.

The strap on my micron broke and my engineering skills have been failing. Anyone have anything that might work

I think I have one off a 2bros will look tonight should have the rubber for it as well. what diameter approx?

I have already tryed the metal band you're talking about and it broke both ways I've tryed it

How about a heavy duty muffler clamp?

That might get ya by for a while.

I don't have any of the exhaust hangers you are in need of though. Sorry.

I have already tryed the metal band you're talking about and it broke both ways I've tryed it

got one it's TBR has about a 4" diameter

med_gallery_2671_769_14152.jpg

med_gallery_2671_769_137100.jpg

let me know

If you need something to hold it on just until you get the right part, go to the hardware store and get a roll of metal strapping with holes in it that is used to hold up duck work, etc. Something like this but a small roll for cheap. http://www.theductshop.com/shop/catalog-ha...rap-c-1_19.html

+1. Called plumbing strap.

+1. Called plumbing strap.

I've tryed that stuff two different ways now to get me by and both times it snapped. The only thing I can think of is to use multiple layers to strengthen it. I have contacted micron and they gave me the number to the sales department so I'm gonna try and see how much a new one costs

What happened to your old one?

Stainless crack/break?

Just weld it back together if you still have all the pieces.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I might have one in the garage leftover from the microns I had

if you are still interested I will take a look

E.

Thanks for looking but I had to git rid of the bike so I no longer need it