CBR1100XX.org Forum

SOLD will delete

I've had quite a few issues with being bent over on a bike lately, with my knees, back, neck, and lots of other parts telling me they didn't want to do this thing. So I tried something different. Its nice, but I'm afraid I've got a serious XX infection that won't go away. So this one that doesn't quite fit me will be the one that goes away.

For Sale: 2007 Suzuki DL-1000 V-Strom. The Strom legacy is strong, and there are reams of information and commentary about this big trailie all over the internet. This example is in very good condition. The scrapes from a driveway tipover are what keeps it from being excellent. There's a scrape on the right upper fairing, right lower fairing, and right bumper. There's also a scrape on the left side bumper. The handguards and turn signals are undamaged as they were replaced with new. The angle and depth of the existing scrapes, as well as the absence of any matching roadrash or bending/damage on metal parts of the undercarriage support the previous owners explanation.

The Givi bags do have light markings on them...the right as we know it fell over on that side, and the left has a small scrape as well.

It is equipped with a centerstand.

Two new Bridgestone trail tires are included with the bike.

The bike has been regeared for more low-end, so the speedo/odo are slightly off. I would suggest a new chain by summer's end.

A Cee Bailey windscreen is available for the bike...I will not sell it until the bike is sold and the purchaser waives first call on it.

Mileage is 27,000 and will go up as the bike is registered, insured, and ridden.

Priced competitively at $5200 and located in Northeast Pennsylvania. Non-members can contact me at ixxion.nine.seven using numbers and no dots at the Yayhoo place.

post-4340-1342016818.jpgpost-4340-1342016786.jpg

post-4340-1342016751.jpgpost-4340-1342016848.jpg

Tempting.

The V-Strom was a contender for a replacement bike, but the last time I tried one on, the unusual height was the big drawback. I know some people adjust the suspension so it sits lower (for shorter riders), but I'd want to try that out before buying one.

If I can't rest my feet flat on the ground when stopped, no deal. :icon_frown:

Tempting.

The V-Strom was a contender for a replacement bike, but the last time I tried one on, the unusual height was the big drawback. I know some people adjust the suspension so it sits lower (for shorter riders), but I'd want to try that out before buying one.

If I can't rest my feet flat on the ground when stopped, no deal. :icon_frown:

I too was put off by the height, and resigned myself to standing on the pegs to get on or off. Now that I'm used to it, I seldom use the pegs to mount and dismount unless its in a provisional situation. I can flatfoot it while seated though....it helps to be fat sometimes. There are suspension adjustments available, and some folks opt for a lower profile seat. I'm okay with the height now that I'm used to it.

I just saw this bike yesterday and it is a very pretty bike. If Erica and I had our gear we would have been riding that around instead of the car up in the mountains. :icon_biggrin:

Great bike!!!!!

I just saw this bike yesterday and it is a very pretty bike. If Erica and I had our gear we would have been riding that around instead of the car up in the mountains. :icon_biggrin:

Great bike!!!!!

Did you call my new bike "pretty."

Joe - I no longer want it.....

And Dave, I feel confident I can handle Warp's driveway now.... I no longer am carrying around the (emotional) baggage I had back then. And yes, I know she was in the truck with you guys...

Great bike!!!!!

And Dave, I feel confident I can handle Warp's driveway now.... I no longer am carrying around the (emotional) baggage I had back then. And yes, I know she was in the truck with you guys...

Yes I did..... :icon_biggrin:

She is sexy how is that???

Looks like it could be fun to ride. Enjoy.

Congrats to the both of you.

Great bike!!!!!

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

thats shits funny...

I was perfectly fine with going down till Toms wife (sorry shitty with names) looked at me and said she was also till she fell off her bike at the bottom and broke a couple ribs :icon_eek: