CBR1100XX.org Forum

anyone used Helibars?

jjp

LOL.

Welcome New Guy.

Heli-bars are GREAT! Id say there are as many of us who have them as who don't. The stock lines are fine...though I think its a bit snug. FYI I bought my bike with heli's installed so I don't know the exact installation issues.

Get em...throw in some throttlemeisters and you will be happy...if not a bit poorer.

yes I'm new to this board. Now that I read my post it does seem a bit.....ah, well... SQUIDISH. The question is however simply based on the fact that the majority of posts I've read are regarding VFR bars. While I'm on this subject, what are the differences,if any, between Helibars and the VFR bars? I'm coming off riding a Kawi ZRX1200R for the past 2 years, which fit me very well. The look and styling got a bit old so I purchased a XX and would like to achieve a better level of comfort. Very happy w/ this machine!

I did buy the Heli Bar and they are much more comfortable than the stock ones, expensive do. The installation it is a walk in the park. The hidraulic lines from the clutch to move the banjo fitting a bit to the side, you has to cut a piece of the base, that it is all to it, then is really easy to install it.

I've used the Heli bars and the VFR bars. I honestly think that the Heli bars were a bit more comfortable because they are wider but, I have better low speed control with the VFR bars because they are narrower. The quality and finish on the VFR bars is nowhere as nice as the OEM XX bars but they do look more stock than the Heli bars.

For longer distance highway rides, I'd want the Heli bars. For riding around town and teaching ERC classes, I'd want the VFR bars.

How much wider are the Heli's??

Compared to stock, the VFR bars are about 1.5" wider overall between bar ends.

They have less of a downward angle, and are maybe only 3/4" higher at the fork tube, but maybe an 1" or more higher at the ends. Also, they attach at the fork tube probably 3/4" farther back, but don't sweep back at as sharp of an angle.

Steve

1st off,I just bought a '03 ZRX1200 only 1 week after getting my stolen Blackbird back.Apples and oranges kinda thing I love 'em both.I had Heli-bars on my '99XX back when it was a "pup".Better than stock,but still not gonna be a comfortable as the upright seating position on the ZRX.The Heli-bars are now "new and improved".The base and riser section are now a 1 piece cast section.It looks much better than the original style and looks extra nice nickel plated! I got a price of $240 by shopping around.I also got a price of $190 for the VFR bars.That $240 price is adding $25 for the nickel finish.Black or silver metallic will be $25 less. Your call......