CBR1100XX.org Forum

PC II help

RXX

I just bought a used PC II. It didn't come with documentation or the cable. Can I assume I can use a serial/USB cord? I may have a serial cord laying around, that should work. I am having a little problem finding documentation, I may have to contact their support site. Does anyone here have the manual downloaded? Maps?

I really do not know what I am doing with this thing, I have just been told I need one due to my exhaust modifications.

Thanks in advance

I can email you the program.... and I think the manual, but...

I'm not sure that you are going to have much luck if you are trying to use the serial to USB adapter. I tried it, as well as a few others here, and I/we could not get it to work.

I have a computer that has a serial port, so that's what I use.

PM me your email address.

Second advise.... buy a PC3 with USB port.

Here is the software http://www.powercommander.com/powercommand...odType=PC-Older

You could get usb to serial adapter for couple of bucks . As far as maps for older power commanders they all apparently have disappeared from Dynojet web page . You could technically transfer each cell manually from map for PCv or III but keep in mind PC2 worked on sensor offset principle while newer models directly modulate injector pulse .

Sensor offset means PC2 changes input signals - like air temp or pressure - going into ecu in order to lean or enrich fuel in each cell .

FI like on XX is a hybrid system , at certain loads and rpm main determining factors are rpm and % of the throttle but at lower end port pressure ( vacuum ) is taken into account also .

Why do I even bother with all of that ? IIRC PC2 has three fuel correcting maps to cover entire spectrum of the engine loads and rpm so even if you find appropriate PC 3or 5 map for your bike you will have to figure low rpm /load maps ( essentially what effects drivability ) on your own .

OH and.... I have about 100 PC2 maps for the XX....

so... it's going to boil down to what year is your bike, what exhaust you have etc.

'99. The exhaust is a 2 Brothers single CF can. Thanks!

Thank everyone for your considerations

With evil on this one and what a headache! I tried several different usb adapters for the PC and had zero luck with the efforts. The combo that worked for me was to find an old palm (yeah! remember those monochromatic puppies!)on craigs for $10, a PC program for the palm so it can communicate with the PC, and Dynojet made/makes a little adapter doo dad that has a pin on each side removed so you don't fry the PCII. This set up has worked flawlessly and I can toss it in the givi if i feel like swapping maps during a ride to A/B them.

Good Luck!

Side Note / thread jack

-Evil- I have vance and hines slip ons and a K&N got any maps you can send me?

Your BestMap worked good but yielded some low mpg's. well in hindsight there might be a pretty good reason for that.....

With evil on this one and what a headache! I tried several different usb adapters for the PC and had zero luck with the efforts.

FWIW, most USB-____ adapters don't work all that well...period.

I save my old Win98 laptop because it has the old serial/parallel ports on the back.

RXX, Map sent. :icon_biggrin:

mvg2, give me some time, and I'll see what I got, Oh I got maps, but let me look through the notes on each one and see if any are for a Vance & Hines. ps. what year is your bike again?

Zero.... How's that map been working for you ?

RXX, Map sent. :icon_biggrin:

mvg2, give me some time, and I'll see what I got, Oh I got maps, but let me look through the notes on each one and see if any are for a Vance & Hines. ps. what year is your bike again?

Zero.... How's that map been working for you ?

So far, so good.

Once I got used to that golden brown color on the end of the pipes being a good thing, I just polish it off every now and then.

mvg2, give me some time, and I'll see what I got, Oh I got maps, but let me look through the notes on each one and see if any are for a Vance & Hines. ps. what year is your bike again

My bird is a '99. Thanks man I appreciate it!

• 2 years later...

Ditto on the old thread. I have a 99 that I will be going thru this winter, valve adj. throttle body sync, new plugs. Front fork rebuild. Various additions. Does not idle smooth now, throttle bodies I think.

Does have a PCll with yosh slip ons. 54K All I have is Macs but my son has others and there is a pc guru local. Could use a map?

It was on a dyno a few years ago, 145hp but they didn't correct the idle.

Love that bike

Any shims available?