CBR1100XX.org Forum

Greetings... looking for an exhaust...

Hurricane

Greetings all! Been lurking this site for a while and though it was time I introduced myself. Last summer, I finally achieved moto nirvana by buying a '00 XX. Quite an upgrade from a CBR1000. Love the bike. However, it's time to open the exhaust a bit with some slip on's. Love the way the VFR's sound with the Staintune's. Granted, the XX is obviously an inline, but, I still wanted the pipe. Went to buy one today and balked at the price. We're talking $980.00 that's alot of cash for me. I like the idea that it offers removeable baffles to adjust the sound if so desired. I like the idea that it doesn't make the bike scream. Personally, I like the sleeper approach, but I don't want the XX to sleep so much with those stock pipes on. So, I'm considering Scorpion pipes. They sound similar in construction in that it's all stainless steel construction with a ceramic baffel that is similar to the staintunes steel wool baffel. I do not believe the price to be nearly as high. I think the Scorpion is almost as beautiful appearance wise as the Staintune. So, what say you? I'd like some really good suggestions. Thank you all!

I have the Staintunes and promote them for their sound & superior fit and finish. I also only paid $350 for them used. :grin: Don't know much about the Scorpions but like the idea of stainless verses CF and not having to repack. $980 seems high.

G2

Seems like all the exhaust are overpriced for what they are.

I have heard the 2 Bros CF slipons and they sound great, deep mellow you know its a big bore bike.

The Yoshis look good and have a quieter sound at lower RPMs but really scream at higher RPMs.

Akra CF slipons have a little different sound all there own.

Price wise the Yoshis are about the least expensive of any that I looked at with the 2 Bros. in the middle and the Akras the most expensive at 1200 bucks list.

I never got the chance to look at Staintunes or Scorpion. You might try here http://www.hammythecanman.com

I picked up a set of full Akras for my 97, in great shape, for about $450 used (Ebay). Terrific sound, but not too loud. Seems like a totally different bike!

Keep in mind that you will probably have to put a PCIII on it to use aftermarket pipes. That'll add some coin to your setup.

I put on Two Bros carbon slipons just befor the NEXXT

nice deep basso rumble at idle and a liveable exhaust note at speed

I think that satintunes run in that price range if I remember correctly

and unless you are Nik, Leave the D&D's alone ... you'll have all your neighbors in an uproar if you come home late or leave early in the morning :lol:

:cool:

ThanX all for the help and suggestions! Don't have the bank for the Staintunes. CBT Imports says due to the US dollar to Australian dollar, the price is set as they seem to be the only American importer of these pipes, $979.00 is too rich for my blood.. Went with the Scorpions as they are half the price and similar in construction... T304 Stainless, polished mirror finish, lifetime warranty from blowing out the core (no fiberglass) There are allot of our bretheren riding the XX that have the same pipe across the pond. I'll give it a shot and we'll see. Really like the DD's but, the neighbourhood likes to sleep in on the weekend.

http://www.scorpion-exhausts.com/Bikes/sea...hp?model=17#bot